Yellow prints pocked

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 20-50 micron slice thickness
Aaron RMW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Yellow prints pocked

Post#1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:27 am

I am printing some coins for a customer and keep having an issue where the coins have a "pock mark", "divot", "bubble", "hole"....whatever you want to call it, roughly center of the coin each time. I've checked my models and slices for the print and everything is perfect there. For some reason the resin just isn't curing in these spots. The vats are clean and I do not get the same issue with emerald. I have attached images showing the defect. It's not in the exact same position on every coin either. Even when they are the same model or the same print file printed twice. No two coins have the same divot but they all have one.

Edit to add, the coins peeling off the build platform is from sitting overnight. They are firmly attached when I pull the print from the printer chamber after printing. but I cleaned them, saw the divots, got angry and set it aside overnight.

I have also been advised by a colleague that emerald is actually burning out better for some folks than yellow. Anyone else having these results?
Attachments
IMG_2226.jpg
IMG_2225.jpg

rubendariocba
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Yellow prints pocked

Post#2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:53 am

problem in the design, because you get the bubbles or wells in the same place. the problem is in the stl mesh

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Yellow prints pocked

Post#3 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:59 pm

Sure looks like you have a problem with the mesh
Please tell us what software you are using to make the model
post a 3DM of the model here so we can look at it
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Return to “B9R-4-Yellow”