Abort code 25000

B9 Core Series - Ideas and Discussions
TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Abort code 25000

Post#1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 pm

3 aborted prints out of 29 total prints. The printer just stopped printing and all 3 failures were at the very beginning of the print...maybe 5 minutes in...should I be worried?
Attachments
IMG_20180130_221959217.jpg

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Abort code 25000

Post#2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:46 pm

This sounds nuts but switch it off and turn it back on also make sure that the vat has had time to re-oxygenate after about 4 or 5 prints or it will not print properly and it may cause this to happen. I know that that happened to me once don't remember the number on the abort code but I did change vats to the other one and it printed fine afterwards. I would also suggest submitting a trouble ticket so they know about it
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 pm

The printer seems ok and is printing flawless models.....the first time it happened was on my very first print out of the box, then two more times here recently....do you guys turn off your printer each night? I do.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:31 am

Go here and register for support portal and make a ticket. This is monitored.

http://www.b9c.com/support

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Two prints failed today...these are large pendants taking 2.5 hrours and the printer just stops working. I really think I have a lemon. At this point, I obviously cannot print anything. Support thinks a firmware update next week "might" fix this issue. Nothing like dropping 10 grand on a paperweight! Really disappointed and frustrated!

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Furthermore, this forum has turned into a ghost town, the support portal has obviously taken its place. I asked a simple question back on Feb 1st and no one commented or answered. I simply wanted to know if you guys turn off your printer each night...at this pont I don't really care what you guys do...

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#7 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:19 pm

TaJs. I try to respond to all questions here on the Forum. I did respond to your post, but figured it best answered by the peep at the factory regarding the shutting down, since I had not had that happen with my machine (that i thought was not my doing). Sometime I don't think the factory peeps understand that when your machine is not producing it's your cash flow generator, and you need answers now and not later. I know when I had issues in the middle of the night with the v1.1 or the v1.2 I would just about loose it myself.

As far as leaving the machine on at night question, guess i posted without reading the whole post.

I turn off the machine if not using it during the day and night. If I will be printing within a few hrs I leave it on.

Have been printing on my Core 530 about 1 yr. I did have the same thing happen to me on two prints back over 6 months ago. Has not happened since. Figured it was a bad model or slice. I deleted the file from the library and did new layout and slice and prints were good. In one of the cases the model seemed to be corrupted during slicing. In that case I think a missing layer may have made the machine think the print was finished. Just don't know. If I remember correctly i missed a support in a critical area early in one of the prints. Only figured maybe the failed slices caused some kind of pressure issue that the machine "recognized" as a problem and aborted the print or had a glitch in the firmware. If I remember correctly I did a reinstall of the firmware also just to make sure all was good.

Didn't want to speculate with your question because I wasn't sure about the problem myself. I always try to post with correct solutions and reasonable possibilities. You know what happens when misinformation is thrown around.

Please don't let this experience sour u against the forum or it's members. I, for one love seeing your work. There has always been a small number of regular members that do most of the posting. Most members only post when they have a problem. There should be, by this time nearly 3,000 users of B9's and Core users. Most are silent users. The Gemvision forum has nearly 5,500 members and as here most of the posting is done by a handful of users.

My Best,
Robert Howle

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:43 pm

TAJS wrote:Furthermore, this forum has turned into a ghost town, the support portal has obviously taken its place. I asked a simple question back on Feb 1st and no one commented or answered. I simply wanted to know if you guys turn off your printer each night...at this pont I don't really care what you guys do...

Hey TAJS,
I remember seeing that I thought I answered yes to it but apparently I was just think it. LOL
I had to search for it and found the question as part of the original question on the 31st.
I think the reason it's a "ghost town" here as far as the B9 Core goes is because it just doesn't have many problems and if it does
the warrantee and the customer service is all supported by the portal. Unlike the 1.1 and 1.2HD all the basic problems or new ideas using them have
been eliminated with the Core. We can offer our suggestions but really like I had mentioned to you was to turn it off and back on after waiting a few minutes and that is the basic fix to start with for anything with a motherboard LOL
But I am sure what ever you need done with this it will be taken care of by the B9 folks. We can't make any changes to the machine other than enter custom settings to maybe use other resins not provided by B9.
You have always sent us pictures of your fantastic jewelry and as always then ROCK!!
Don't be too hard on us we value all your input.
As for my answer about turning it off at night?
I turn mine off when it is not being used all the time. I only turn it on when I am going to use it and that is day or night.
I figure it is safer off than on in case of a power outage and surge.

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks man, just had my 3rd failed print of the day. "un-hooking" from the wifi, eliminating the battery back up and plugging directly into the receptacle did not change anything...my printer is broken. I need to cast tomorrow, stuff due first of the week...Valentines day...oh well

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#10 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:19 pm

TAJS wrote:Thanks man, just had my 3rd failed print of the day. "un-hooking" from the wifi, eliminating the battery back up and plugging directly into the receptacle did not change anything...my printer is broken. I need to cast tomorrow, stuff due first of the week...Valentines day...oh well

Where you located?
Either I can print for you or Robert will and send them also B9 offered to print for you and send out.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#11 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Tajs, if u are domestic send me files I will print for u and ship no charge to help u out. Will send them overnight or whatever u need.

Send early Saturday morning and I can't get in the mail Sat for Monday. I'll cure also.

Robert Howle

howlere@gmail.com

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#12 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 am

Capture.JPG
Update: Last night before I went home, I moved the printer to the other side of my studio and started to print the same file again, only this time I printed at 20z instead of the 30z I normally use for the emerald resin. I came in this morning fully expecting another failed print but the damn thing printed! The core printer was sitting in the same place as my B9 creator sat for 3 years and plugged into the same battery back up. We'll see how it goes from here...to date I have had 7 print failures out of 45 prints...zero prints aborted by user.

Thanks for all the offer to help out, I appreciate it!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#13 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 am

Good luck. Maybe there is a power fluctuation at the outlet (small arc or a loose connection). That is all it would take to abort a print.

Robert Howle

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#14 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Fantastic
Good to hear

Greg Miller
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#15 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 am

Just an addendum regarding the B9 forum response rate by all those who benefit. I suggested last year to a B9 staff member that new B9 forum postings could be available by signing up for a daily or weekly digest delivered in an automatic email. I have received automatic forum updates from Autodesk and other User Groups for years. When my daily or weekly forum emails arrive I read them and much more likely to respond. From my experience this type of regular communication gets an immediate response by more forum members plus creates a much stronger community and support for a manufacturer's product.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#16 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am

I agree with you on that... I also find it hard to find posts that I have seen just the day before and wanted to come back and post to.

Return to “General Discussion”