Gray Resin

B9 Core Series - Ideas and Discussions
dcole

Gray Resin

Post#1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:46 pm

Hey,

I am wondering what everyone thinks about the gray resin. I have made 3-4 prints from it and had good and ok results with it. One thing I have noticed is the print time is much longer than the estimated time. I was under the impression that gray was going to be faster and it can be but if your comparing the same slice thickness its print times are not that much better than I get from emerald. Clean up is worse, the stuff is way thicker than the emerald I have. With emerald I clean it in hot water with some dish soap and it cleans up really well. The gray requires alcohol to remove extra resin. The thing I like best is the color it looks like white metal so it is very nice to show to customers. So far that's the only thing I like about it. I think i'm going to print a millennium falcon for my desk, the color is spot on! I wonder if this can be used to make vulcanized rubber molds? It seems stronger than emerald. I don't know how much the dye in the resins effects its printing but if they could make this same resin tinted to match yellow gold that would be great too.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Gray Resin

Post#2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Post pictures of your "grey" prints. With layer thickness, which machine.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

dcole

Re: Gray Resin

Post#3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:26 am

I grab a few pics from some prints and post them. I'm not having much trouble with printing. If there was a problem it was due to the way I positioned the model.

Is the gray a thicker resin or is my emerald just messed up?

Is the post processing of the gray the same as the emerald? It seems like its fully cured when it comes off the build plate.

Return to “General Discussion”