What's new here in the past two years and what is the trends?

Successful prints based on Model construction, supports, material selection & printer settings.
tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

What's new here in the past two years and what is the trends?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Hello, it's been awhile sine my last visit. Unfortunately, I had some major factors to solve and quite tight time budget mostly setting up business issues and other things.

So, what's up guys? What interesting have you discovered in my absence? :) What are the current trends?
Most of all I'm interested in what are the current methods for cleaning and final curing the models?

Cheers! :)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: What's new here in the past two years and what is the trends?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:08 pm

B9 Model Cure is great. Curing most prints in 2 to 3 minutes. Unit is $495.00 US.

Printing with Emerald green and yellow resin. Both fast printing and no solid pigments. Easiest to cast of all the B9 resins. No settleing of pigment, only some stratification, if sits for a few hrs.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#3 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Robert Howle wrote:B9 Model Cure is great. Curing most prints in 2 to 3 minutes. Unit is $495.00 US.

Printing with Emerald green and yellow resin. Both fast printing and no solid pigments. Easiest to cast of all the B9 resins. No settleing of pigment, only some stratification, if sits for a few hrs.

Robert Howle

Glad to see you Robert! How are you? I see you are kind of a leader with this number of posts :)

What in your opinion is better in terms of casting - green or yellow?

I read that washing in alcohol is now known to harm? Wow! Unexpected news. You think it influenced bad castings?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:11 pm

Pretty much everone has stopped with the ISO. Most of us washing in a concentrated mixture of Dawn liquid and water and ultrasonic for few minutes. Model cure from 2 to 6 min.

Both will yield great castings. Yellow is translucent so hard to see details if u have to show to clients for approval.

My Best,
Robert

PS glad to see u back.
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Tips & Tricks”