B9 Yellow Casting Fumes or Smell ?

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 20-50 micron slice thickness
KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

B9 Yellow Casting Fumes or Smell ?

Post#1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi I’m considering starting up casting myself wanted to know if b9 yellow produces an oder or fumes when casting I would have to be worried about my neighbors complaining about ?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: B9 Yellow Casting Fumes or Smell ?

Post#2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:23 pm

All waxes and resins are going to give off an pungent smell that is not meant for humans to inhale.
That being said yeah your neighbors will complain unless it is vented outside the building.
Casting in your garage and vented out will be less troublesome but it will not make them happy
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:03 am

So if I burn out in a basement and vent outside at that level ... probably will still be an issue for those on the 2nd floor ?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:59 pm

Maybe if the fumes rise up to an open window. Best to burnout overnight to avoid the fumes from wafting into someone else's space as long as it is vented outside. I you own your own home it most likely not be an issue. but if it is an apt. with upstairs neighbors there is a possibility unless it is overnight.

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:35 pm

thanks for the advice ... is there a special type of burnout oven anyone would recommend?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:18 pm

How much money do you have?
Any place like Rio, Gusswien, Stuller, Otto Frei and so many others will have entry level
ovens. size of oven and functions depend on you pocket book and also the size of the cans your
are casting with.

Return to “B9R-4-Yellow”