DUPLICATE FILES

Software issues and solutions
ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DUPLICATE FILES

Post#1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:30 am

Hi someone could help me to fix this issue:I import a stl model add support and so on than I export in stl and save the modificate stl file in the same cartel same name, than I save as B9 layout in the same cartel or different with same name or different or different name.
If I open one other time the saved b9 layout saved file, is corrupted because the layout show the stl file unified with support and I cannot modify it, and also only the support in the same layout but not the model!
How could fix this wrong visualization?
I tried to save the stl and b9 layout with different name or position but I didn't fix the issue, when I click on the b9 file saved with a different name, while opening appare the stl file saved name How could resolve?
Pls help me
B9 problem.jpg

joelh
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: DUPLICATE FILES

Post#2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:24 pm

When you open the B9l file are you selecting the "Supports" field and then "Modify" and selecting the support you wish to change?

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: DUPLICATE FILES

Post#3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 am

This is normal. You created a layout with specific .stl file. Then you changed that .stl file. The layout can't help if you change the .stl file it was originally based upon.

If you export a layout with multiple .stl's and supports then it becomes a single .stl file. You can open it in a new layout and orientate it, support it and do everything else you want just as if it were a single mesh. But it you can't modify any of it, because it's treated as a single mesh.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Return to “Troubleshooting”