Print Fail - Lamp Issue

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
bpmusic06

Print Fail - Lamp Issue

Post#1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 am

My company has been using the B9 Creator v1.2 for 2 1/2 years without much issue. However, lately prints have been cutting off 30 minutes into the build with the message "Mechanism Error - Process aborted due to power loss or jammed mechanism. Check printer power cable and mechanism."

We've troubleshooted by changing out all cables with new ones and plugging into a better computer, yet the issue persists. It always cuts off around the 30 minute mark, and the lamp shuts off as well which has me questioning whether the lamp needs replacement. It currently has 350 hours. At this point I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Print Fail - Lamp Issue

Post#2 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:43 pm

sounds like it is overheating.
is the fan running?
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:43 pm

If the projector shuts off due to a hardware issue, the lights should blink a "code". Look at the lights on the projector and note if/how they blink after this issue happens.

Blink codes:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4640&p=38459&hilit=blink#p38459
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

bpmusic06

Post#4 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:34 pm

I appreciate the help. After some further troubleshooting it looked like the laptop we were using was the culprit. I ended up reinstalling the software on a more current laptop and things are running more smoothly without interruptions. Will keep the other info in mind in case I run into a similar problem in the future, thanks!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:26 am

Thanks, it helps everyone when resolutions to issues are shared as well as the issues themselves.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Hardware”