Back of my model

B9Creator - Ideas and Discussions
Ashkanian

Back of my model

Post#1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:21 am

Hello i buy b9c 1.2 and try to take some print with b9 alweys print are perfect but back of my prints aren't flat surface what i doing for this problem.front face is very perfect quiality but bottom is not flat and good can you help me dear b9?thanks a lot
Attachments
1541755282532-1122548147.jpg
1541755227707-1022914117.jpg

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Back of my model

Post#2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:21 pm

How are you setting it up to grow?

can you show us a screen shot of your layout?
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

RobertW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Without a picture to go by I'm just guessing but it sounds like you are growing the model parallel to the build table. Instead, try rotating the model 25 or 30 degrees. The added bonus of printing flat pieces at an angle is you won't need a lot of supports so clean up is easier.
Otherwise, you'll need to use a dense forest of supports and clean up is a b**ch.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:45 pm

I would print "snap to floor" make sure back and disc are all planar. If the object is very thick it can suffer from over cure and some items can release from the build table. The red disc are to keep the print on the build table. When printing snap to floor and the item is over 1.5mm in thickness I add disc.

Just a thought.

heart layout.JPG

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Ashkanian

Post#5 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:47 am

thanks for attention and answer.i test your model its ok becase the last layer of print is on silicons surface and nutrally is flat and smooth.my problem is one layer of print that one of faces is in resin liquid...that face isnt good and flat surface i think time of resin cure is long...all of my print have this problem and final quiallty will bad,,,red resin,,,,default setting,,,,msn1.0;;;;50 xy,,,
dsdf.jpg
Attachments
dsdf.jpg

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Ashkanian wrote:thanks for attention and answer.i test your model its ok becase the last layer of print is on silicons surface and nutrally is flat and smooth.my problem is one layer of print that one of faces is in resin liquid...that face isnt good and flat surface i think time of resin cure is long...all of my print have this problem and final quiallty will bad,,,red resin,,,,default setting,,,,msn1.0;;;;50 xy,,,
dsdf.jpg

If I were doing this model above I would eliminate the wire and snap it to the floor flat and Planer.
it will print perfectly. then add the wire later or boolean a hole where the wire goes and add it to the model using
wax wire and super glue then set up to cast
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Return to “General Discussion”