Odd, sudden change in slicing options

B9 Core Series - Ideas and Discussions
skoebl

Odd, sudden change in slicing options

Post#1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Hey everyone!

So a couple days ago I had done a few prints that turned out great. This morning, however, when I went to slice a new job, the previous option of 24.5um had changed to just 25um.

I checked the other 2 machines I have the b9 software on, and they all had the same change.

The issue is that I have an original kickstarter machine, that has an upgraded 1.2 board on it (at least I'm pretty sure, assuming that the 1.1 boards were just like the originals, having an arduino with a shield, whereas this one is blue and a single board), and the previous slicing settings matched up to the steps of my z-screw.

Is there a way to change it back? If I recall correctly, the version I was running was 1.7.x, and we're currently on 1.8.6?
Is my only option to install an older version?

Thanks!
Scott

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Odd, sudden change in slicing options

Post#2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:59 pm

Have you tried to print using the new printing number?
It isn't that much difference that you could notice other than a model
you have printed in the past might take 5 minutes of more less time to print.

only answer is if you upgraded to the newest software and your not satisfied then go to the download folder that your
B9 sends the upgrades to and pick the one before this one. That folder should have all the upgrades in it.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

skoebl

Re: Odd, sudden change in slicing options

Post#3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:53 pm

akgold wrote:Have you tried to print using the new printing number?
It isn't that much difference that you could notice other than a model
you have printed in the past might take 5 minutes of more less time to print.

only answer is if you upgraded to the newest software and your not satisfied then go to the download folder that your
B9 sends the upgrades to and pick the one before this one. That folder should have all the upgrades in it.

Yeah I tried a print with the new setting, and the model was measurably shorter.

I didn't know that about the download folder, I'll definitely try that!

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”