Introduce Yourself

Official news and updates
gavi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#61 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:14 am

Great initiative: I am on the map now and ready to collaborate.

thebigconsultant
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#62 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:35 am

I think maybe people should 'choose' to join the map ;)

After all, this is not the N-S-A ha ha

But, if you do wish to join the map on Google, it is very easy to collaborate:-

Simply click on the "Collaborate" button on the top left as shown; and you can add the emails of your friends, or people you know.

You can add a message if you like. For example, maybe you would like to start some local meet-ups? Or make a bulk buy for example.

This will invite them, and let them choose if they want to join you on the map! If they don't, no matter.

You can just add emails, and thus people can make their own decision.

The map is here: http://tinyurl.com/ljn2byj

... I am glad to say, that the UK is winning!!! lol ... Come on USA? ... Is it always up to Britain to be 1st in the world?

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Introduce Yourself

Post#63 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:16 am

if this was the NSA. they would already have that info....;-)

tookie

Introduce Yourself

Post#64 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 am

Hi
I'm a french jeweller in Paris. I plan to buy a printer to show to my clients the pieces before casting.
I ' m wondering when the hd projector ( high resolution) will be available for sale ?

thebigconsultant
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#65 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Quote from tookie on June 25, 2013, 13:35
Hi
I'm a french jeweller in Paris. I plan to buy a printer to show to my clients the pieces before casting.
I ' m wondering when the hd projector ( high resolution) will be available for sale ?

I believe that it will be a future upgrade.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Introduce Yourself

Post#66 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Robert in South Carolina. Jeweler, wax carver, fabricator, setter, caster, etc. Been at the trade over 30 years. 3d modeler for over 6 years. Don't own a mill. Can't wait to get my hands on my B9 (should be by end of July). Glad there is a forum to share info with others. The Matrix forum has been terrific. If this forum is half as good, I will be a happy camper. My best to all.
Dance like nobody's watching!

jewelrybyjustin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#67 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:47 am

I'm Justin Wells I am a jewelry designer and custom jeweler. I design and manufacture jewelry for a small (7 store) jewelry business. I have been using CAD for 2 years now and I'm looking forward to adding the B9 to my workflow, I currently us a mill for 99% of my models. I am a general tech enthusiast and build computers as a hobby. I'm looking forward to being a member of the community!

Bryan
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#68 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 pm

I'm a total n00b working on getting my new B9 printing. I will be using it for 2 things. First I want some hands on experience with the technology. To do that I will be primarily making jewellery models for casting. I expect there will be a few years yet where my B9 and my 4 axis mill run side by side. I am based in Winnipeg, Canada. I look forward to learning lots about 3D printing here.

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Introduce Yourself

Post#69 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 am

Welcome Bryan.
I thought the same thing about my 4 axis mill. I was wrong.
I use the B9 for everything now. Not only it is easier, but you can print multiple models
simultaneously. No mill can do that. For example I can print 16 of my math model pendants in 2.5 hours.
Milling would be about 12 hours each, minus rejects. Another impossible to mill model can be printed at a rate of
48 every 2 hours.
I love my mill and milling in general. Now however, it will be used only for models not for casting.
Or milling materials that can't be cast. Like wood or plastic.

Hedrus
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#70 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi, my name is Kenzie and I work in the video game industry as a 3d character artist and concept artist. I've been doing game art for 14 years. I have a large back log of 3d artwork I would love to print. Plus I have been making my own action figures in 3DSMax and Zbrush. I started looking into affordable 3d printers to use as prototyping joints so I don't have to spend $1000s on test prints. The quality of this printer when calibrated and set up properly looks like it is almost good enough for final professional quality output. I've seen several great print results that have very little print lines visible. And the idea of an HD upgrade option soon sounds amazing.

I have to admit all the calibration and tweaking kind of scares me a bit about this 3d printer. I am fine with getting my hands dirty with software but the hardware leaves me a bit squeamish. I plan on reading and asking lots of questions before I buy a B9. I really want to get one of my 3d models printed on a properly calibrated B9 latest version so I can see with my own eyes one of my models printed with it. The whole re-coating the vat kind of scares me. But hopefully reading and learning here will alleviate much of my fears. Despite all that I am very excited about the B9.

http://kenzielouislamar.com/

tobyramp@hotmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#71 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Kenzie If you would like something printed I'll help.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Introduce Yourself

Post#72 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Let me know also Kenzie. Where are you located?
Dance like nobody's watching!

ckl81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#73 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Hello! guys
I am Ken from Cambodia, and I am working my way to be come a jewelry designer. I am pretty new just started a couple of months ago. I got my first printed out and only 1 of 3 usable due to not having plasticast >,<. Now going to try ultra vest and satin cast. will see the result soon. I am happy to join the community, :D

Hedrus
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#74 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:40 am

Hey guys, thanks for the offer. I live in Albany NY, USA. If you can still help me with a test print please let me know. Send me a pm or just respond here. I've been on a crash course in learning everything I can about the B9. So impressed not only with the printer itself, but Mike's active support and all the forum users are wonderful with the sharing of information and helping each other.

tobyramp@hotmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#75 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Ken I am using satin cast with good results.

thebigconsultant
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Introduce Yourself

Post#76 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:11 am

Quote from Robert Howle on September 3, 2013, 21:37
Let me know also Kenzie. Where are you located?

Why not post your location on the Google Map of B9 Users Worldwide! http://tinyurl.com/ljn2byj

Its then easy to find people near to you, or set up a visit with someone new!

DennisH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post#77 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Hello fellow B9ers! Dennis Harroun here. Its been an awfully long time and Im excited to be here again. Life and the amazing things it entails took my interests and time away from utilizing my B9 but I'm glad to be back and would like to get back up to speed using my new AND old B9. I guess this is all talk until I hit print though!
Im sure I'll have some new and old questions and since this resin I have is actually over 2 years old now I will be finding out how that will work. Ive been dotting my i's and crossing t's and will get back as soon as Ive made a few test prints.
Happy printing from the Land of Enchantment!
Albuquerque,New Mexico, USA, Earth, Milky Way.

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post#78 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:20 pm

DennisH wrote:Hello fellow B9ers! Dennis Harroun here. Its been an awfully long time and Im excited to be here again. Life and the amazing things it entails took my interests and time away from utilizing my B9 but I'm glad to be back and would like to get back up to speed using my new AND old B9. I guess this is all talk until I hit print though!
Im sure I'll have some new and old questions and since this resin I have is actually over 2 years old now I will be finding out how that will work. Ive been dotting my i's and crossing t's and will get back as soon as Ive made a few test prints.
Happy printing from the Land of Enchantment!
Albuquerque,New Mexico, USA, Earth, Milky Way.

Hello there! Hah, dead thread bumpers detected! :) So do I returned to the forum after some... years? huh!
Ok, let's see what's new and interesting there! :)

Return to “Official News and Updates”