Geometry Accuracy

B9Creator - Ideas and Discussions
qnzhou
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Geometry Accuracy

Post#1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Dear all,

I just want to know what kind of accuracy you guys are getting from B9Creators? With the cherry resin and printer adjusted for XY 30 micron and Z 30 micron, I have noticed X and Y dimension are consistently 0.15 - 0.2mm thicker, and Z dimension is consistently thinker by 0.2mm. Is this on par with the expected error threshold, or there is something I can do to improve the accuracy?

best,
James

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Geometry Accuracy

Post#2 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:32 pm

You need to use 50/50 mix of cherry and red for the best results on small items. HD 30 1.2 and 1.1 versions.
without any info from your settings no one can help you
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#3 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:47 pm

I'd say that this is normal. I never was able to achieve 100% accuracy. Usually no one won't notice it, but when we are talking about some really crazy requierements like 0.1 mm this is where I don't think it is possible. Or if you really want to, you could do a lot of experimentation. And meaybe someday you'll achieve accuracy like you want.

qnzhou
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:43 am

thanks guys. I am not going for 100% accuracy, just trying to learn the limit of this printer. If there are still room for improvement, I would gladly try it.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:48 pm

I scale all pieces 3d at 1.5% to 3.0% depending on how heavy the finished piece wil be. Most is done at 1.5%. This is to compensate for shrinkage in curing (layers and post cure). This helps with finger size and stone seats.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi,
What I do when the customer requires really consistent accuracy, I ask them to create a rectangular box made of 2mm square wire, then, if needed , add 1 mm dia . prongs 3 mm tall on 1 surface.
I then print their file as is in 1 orientation on the platform.
After printing, We measure all the areas and now we can tell the customer what to adjust in his file so we can grow an item accurately.
It is important that the item stay in the same orientation on the platform.
Also, this works only when you use the exact same solution ... If you change solutions, then you have to redo all your calculations.
real pain

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks for Sharing Daniel. Good idea.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#8 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:17 am

Don't froget about calibration. If you do print some boxes on one calibration, then adjust, wait some time, calibrate projector again... you will have different accuracy :)

Return to “General Discussion”