NuVat by Evert

Buy, sell or trade your 3D Printer items with others.
lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#61 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:44 am

Quote from ROSITAGIOIELLI on November 16, 2014, 13:26
Hy people why many mystery about the nuvat? :( Is this one open source discussion or is a platform for business purpose ah ah! :D :D
So because using teflon or silicone spry you could obtain good result in sticking issue, have you ever tried this material as vat coating? could be this the mysterious nuvat coating material?

It's off white, not "water clear".
So give it a try and let us know. You might be onto something.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#62 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:14 am

My dear the mystery continuous.... the problem is the big quantity to order and so on..... now I tried to contact one coating company "WEILBURGER Coatings GmbH" and ask them for some tests but I don't really know if they sh...t me!!! And you my dear why don't you reveal to us anything about the NU VAT? What is your goal or purpose? 8O
Ciao ciao Sergio ;)

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#63 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:20 am

Quote from ROSITAGIOIELLI on November 16, 2014, 15:14
My dear the mystery continuous.... the problem is the big quantity to order and so on..... now I tried to contact some coating company "WEILBURGER Coatings GmbH" and ask them for some tests but I don't really know if they sh...t me!!! And you my dear why doesent revalete anything about the NU VAT what is your finality?

I can't reveal anything about it, because I don't know what it is. And don't care to know.
All I know is I haven't used PDMS since June and the new coating gives me beautiful prints day in and day out
for months.
We can take this to PM, if you wish, so we don't clutter up the thread uninformative posts.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#64 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:27 am

My dear how is possible? 8O you use a nuvat and haven't one idea on it!! mah ummm, Santa claus came and give you this present :) :D

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#65 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:43 am

Quote from ROSITAGIOIELLI on November 16, 2014, 15:27
My dear how is possible? 8O you use a nuvat and haven't one idea on it!! mah ummm, Santa claus came and give you this present :) :D

I've known Evert for years. His in-laws live around the corner from me. He offered to tell me what it is, and I asked him not to.
I don't care to be entrusted with anyone's secrets. Having plenty of my own, I respect other people's trade secrets.
I use a number of patentable techniques for my work. Which our Patent Office will happily sell you for chump change if I patent them. As one honest patent lawyer advised me, "Your patents will be worth as much as you are willing to pay attorneys to protect them."
So kept my mouth shut and have profited since 1978 with no attorney fees.
I can only hope Evert can do the same.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#66 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 am

Ok but do you really understand what does mean this? where is the open source philosophy of this forum? what of the spirit of open source to this forum? Any way if you sell the idea for few I became your customer and your friend could became

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

NuVat by Evert

Post#67 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:24 am

Let's be clear here. A project may be open source but closed source ancillary products can still be spun from it or incorporated with it. You don't expect the nema motors or encoders to be now opened source since there used with b9

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

NuVat by Evert

Post#68 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:44 am

No way to know what the coating is because the developer of the coating does the coating for you on his glass. Mike did not develop this. This is a third party invention and his property and he can do with it as he pleases. This coating is prob less than .2 mm thick.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#69 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:44 am

Quote from behold3d on November 16, 2014, 16:24
Let's be clear here. A project may be open source but closed source ancillary products can still be spun from it or incorporated with it. You don't expect the nema motors or encoders to be now opened source since there used with b9

Thank you for stating the obvious better than I could.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#70 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:49 am

For sure but mr Nema o Mr arduino doesn't came on the forum to make advertisement on their develop study! But instead there are many people that make many effort to share their project on b9c forum! In any case i repeat I'm very happy that someone resolved this big issue and I became your first customer! :D But I don't know if applying some film coating on the glass could be patented, should be as Mikej patent the applying of sylgard 184 and than sell the syl with a big increasing of price! How many people would buy the sylgard with higher price instead to go on ebay? 8O And last and here I close the no question, thanks for the honesty and clarity with which you revealed the commercial purpose of nuvat

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

NuVat by Evert

Post#71 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:49 am

Just thought I needed to be a little more direct. Not sure what country he is in and don't know what an online translator would have done with your statment.

Robert

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

NuVat by Evert

Post#72 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:55 am

The developer has never come on the forum to sell his product. Anyone mentioning the product is a beta tester. I, as one of them, want him and us to benefit from his ingenuity.

I'm sure Dow has a patent. What u spread it on is amother question. That might be a use patent or something. The developer of the coating is not opening a jar and spreading a compound, he developed the formulation himself. He deserves the credit and the oportunity to make money if he wants to.

If he doesn't patent protect himself, then someone out there will and he will recieve no benifit from his discovery. If this all works out then I will be more than happy to eliminate (or greatly reduce) the need for mixing and coating with Sylgard. The people at Dow Chemical have plenty of money, they don't need any more of mine, just look at the millions upon millions they paid out in settlement money for there silicone breast implants. I'm sure they stil have their billions.

My last comment on a subject that should be obvious to most, I would think.

Robert

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#73 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:09 am

Sorry Robert but before the lasts posts the business purpose wasn't very clear, so you are in right but I think it is our right discuss on this "mystery" trying to understand what kind of material could be this coating or not?
ps check my profile Ercolano Italy

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

NuVat by Evert

Post#74 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:44 am

Discussion is the reason for the forum. I try to avoid criticism of any kind. Sometimes we all do have to vent.

My Best,
Robert

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#75 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:55 am

Quote from ROSITAGIOIELLI on November 16, 2014, 17:09
Sorry Robert but before the lasts posts wasn't very clear, but you are in right but I think it is our right discuss on this "mystery" trying to understand what kind of material could be this coating or not?

Thanks to all, so we can get back on topic.
Evert is offering something that is a benefit to the community of B9 users. Hopefully more than just the small part guys like me. He's worked on solving this problem for us for over a year.
I tested other attempts, which you've never heard about.
I think the bottom line is it's all good news so far. Mike will be testing NuVats to get a broader picture of what they will do.
I feel comfortable thinking it will help a lot of people make their dreams come true.
cheers.
L

tobyramp@hotmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#76 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:57 am

As an open source project we should all do something to contribute. We should also all be willing to put some cash in to help new ideas develop. One thing that is very important to me. If some one goes out of there way to share with this group and ask to get paid or not. We should all take responsibility for what we do with those ideas and products. We are all testers in the end. The quicker we can get new hardware and software the better off we all are. Regardless if its ready or perfect.

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

NuVat by Evert

Post#77 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:17 am

Well said

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

NuVat by Evert

Post#78 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:52 am

As I've stated before, I will test the product and report on its limitations, etc. It's not my product, but I will allow it on the forum if works and helps others.

I will not attempt to force anyone to disclose their trade secrets, as all I could really do is attempt to block them from advertising on the forum.

Shall I require every producer of resin that advertises here (for free!) to disclose their ingredients and formulation methods? From a business perspective, maybe I should block everything except the products that I sell? But in the long run that is not good for my customers and so not good for me. I will choose to compete against other resin vendors and other vat coatings as best as I can.

Disclaimer: If you want to sell an actual B9 Component (vat, build table, etc.) then you must first be granted permission.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

RobertH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#79 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:27 pm

Whoo hooo! Exciting stuff yall!

madmartian
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#80 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Mike, do you have plans yet to sell vats with the new glass already installed? Just wondering if you plan to work something out with the creator so folks can buy new vats with the magic glass already installed rather than having a vat converted.

Return to “For Sale”