Projector early death!

Hardware issues, problems and solutions
jagboy69

Projector early death!

Post#1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:23 am

Our shop has had an early death (72hours) of the D912HD. According to B9, they said it needs to replaced. Anyone have any good ideas for another projector option besides dropping a grand on a projector from 2013?

I figure this is 2017, there has got to be a better and more affordable option these days.

Thanks for the help!
Jason

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Projector early death!

Post#2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:29 pm

There are mods to any projector u will buy and then there is the software written by B9 prob specific to the D912HD. Do u do code?

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#3 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:00 pm

You might be better off sending it to these folks they fix em.
http://www.bnytech.com/services/project ... -new-york/
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Franz
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:39 pm

akgold wrote:You might be better off sending it to these folks they fix em.

Hi Tim

Have you had a projector repaired by these guys? I am looking to fix same projector that is throwing color wheel error ( 9 blinking green lights). Matthew at B9 said they don't repair for this issue. So I contacted vivitec which amazingly has a service center about 50 miles from me but due to B9 mods will not service. Poop in a bucket!

So wondering if any others have replaced color wheel. From utube of other projectors looks like bearings and or motor can fail. As far as I can tell this is an assembly. I want to get this machine back on line as it so solid even after taking a big hit in shipping, that is is my favorite.

Regards
Franz
PS the kids are still in Fairbanks with the owner back. I hear the dogs did ok.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#5 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Franz wrote:
akgold wrote:You might be better off sending it to these folks they fix em.

Hi Tim

Have you had a projector repaired by these guys? I am looking to fix same projector that is throwing color wheel error ( 9 blinking green lights). Matthew at B9 said they don't repair for this issue. So I contacted vivitec which amazingly has a service center about 50 miles from me but due to B9 mods will not service. Poop in a bucket!

So wondering if any others have replaced color wheel. From utube of other projectors looks like bearings and or motor can fail. As far as I can tell this is an assembly. I want to get this machine back on line as it so solid even after taking a big hit in shipping, that is is my favorite.

Regards
Franz
PS the kids are still in Fairbanks with the owner back. I hear the dogs did ok.

No I haven't but you can call them and tell them your problem at least they might give you an answer as to what can be done. I called them once on behalf of someone else here having problems and asked them if they can fix it. Of course the answer was maybe without seeing it the couldn't be sure. But if you had a Maytag refrigerator and it was out of warranty would you take to a local refrigerator repair man or have them to the house?
I have done that. This is no different than that.
What modifications are done to the projector by B9 other than software mods?
Since they are not a Vivitec service center bound by service contracts with vivtec then I can imagine it is worth calling them
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#6 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:49 am

Physical mod is the spacer to move the lens and a dust ring (think that is all). Projectors not made to project so close to a surface. Remember this is a projector for display on large screens and walls, etc.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Troubleshooting”