Projector error - "Restrike lamp fail 1"

Hardware issues, problems and solutions
pczerkasow@master-model.pl

Projector error - "Restrike lamp fail 1"

Post#1 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi,
I have printed many excellent things using this machine and I am really impressed of its accuracy and printing quality, but finaly I have serious demage.... I think my projector died :cry:

During printing projector turned off and gives me the message: "Process aborted, Projector failed. Check power and cables".
Of course I have checked and restart everything several times (as many times before, because I have been using this printer almost 2 year), and nothing helps :(

FInally I have unplugged the projector off the printer and simply connected it only to power cable. After reboot the projector tries to turn on, fans starting etc, but after a few minutes bulb is not switch on, and projector blinks following error: "Restrike lamp fail 1". Have anyone seen something like this before?
Unfortunately I suppose it can be very serious hardware damage...

I have already ordered new printer;-) Because I have intended to do it for a long time (no matter this accident), but of course I need my "old" printer as well and I want to fix the problem! At the moment I can not do my proffession :(

Can you help me? I can even buy new projector, but it is not easy to buy D912HD now... Especialy in Poland (where I come from). Is it possible to connect to printer any other similar projector (for example D910HD, which is a bit better available)?

Please be so kind to help me... My best regards!
Piotr Czerkasow

Re: Projector error - "Restrike lamp fail 1"

Post#2 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:52 pm

I need to add that I have changed the bulb lately. I did many good prints with new bulb, so I am sure that the bulb itself it is not a problem.

But I suppose that it can be a problem with bulb power supply, but I am not sure, because I do not even know what module of projector is responsible for "restriking" the lamp....

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Send this message to Support@b9c.com

Did u try to go to the Vivitek site and ask the question about the failure code.

They monitor this during the day.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Post#4 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:10 am

Thank you Robert!
I,ve just send the same message to B9creator support.
And also I have asked vivitek about the "Restrike lamp fail 1" error. I am curious what will they response. :roll:

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:42 am

Keep us posted.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

kreffell
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:22 am

http://projektor.pl/projektor-vivitek-d912hd.html has one @ 3 319 zł

Does Mike retro fit a lens spacer to these or can they be swapped straight over ?

Keith

Post#7 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:39 am

thank you kreffell, but projektor.pl hasn't got any on stock (despite the fact that button "add to basket" works).
The one I have found is on US Ebay
for 1200USD plus 87USD shipping and custom fees etc:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vivitek-D912HD- ... SwBnVW~DOe

If there is no any other option I will have to buy it and replace optics form my broken projector (I think I can hendle it)
But now I am waiting for answer from Vivitek and B9 creator support. Maybe there is a chance to fix it;)

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Is there a Vivitek dealer in your country? Perhaps they can tell you what the error message is and maybe they can fix it.
Also, B9 May be able to sell you a new modified projector. I was able to buy one as a back up in case mine broke down

rkundla
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:28 pm

If the error indicates the issue, it cannot (re)start the bulb. Did it light up initially, then go dark and give you the error or did it not light up at all?

The easiest thing to try first is to change the bulb assembly. If that doesn't fix it, it might be a problem with the ballast that controls the voltage/current to the lamp. If that is bad, you would traditionally need to send it in for repair. Ballasts are high voltage devices and unless you are familiar with working on those types of things, it isn't a simple DIY repair.

thegoldgod

Post#10 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:30 am

Was this issue ever resolved? Just had the same failure notice.

Return to “Troubleshooting”