Sudden failure, broken filters

Hardware issues, problems and solutions
WayneK
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Sudden failure, broken filters

Post#1 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:23 am

My printer has been working great until now. Suddenly stopped printing except base layers. Increased MSM to 2.000 with no improvement. Have 758 lamp hours. Replaced lamp but have same results. Calibrations are perfect on 1.2 printer with yellow resin. I noticed the two filters are shattered, so are these filters available? Could the problem be something else?
Attachments
Broken filters.JPG

rkundla
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Sudden failure, broken filters

Post#2 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 am

Is that the cover glass in front of the color wheel? Yikes!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:00 pm

Send this info to Support@b9c.com and the pictures too.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

grach13
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:16 am

WayneK wrote:I noticed the two filters are shattered, so are these filters available? Could the problem be something else?

HI, did you found replacement? Because i`m having same problem , did you found new glass? Where you purchased it from ?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16 am

Go here, scroll down, to register to the "Support Portal". Wish it were more obvious to those seeking help, easier to find.

http://www.b9c.com/support

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

grach13
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 am

I`v contacted support ,but they only told me that I should change whole projector, but this is really nonsense,pay ~1500$ because of broken filter, which could cost ~30-50$ .. I just need to know what material and what polarisation of that glass filter. I ordered an IR cut filter(heat absorbing glass) but it just melted inside, now i think of ordering Quartz or Sapphire glass it is heat resistant... I found that i don`t have any filter on my lamp, but i definitely see some sort of glass or filter on replacement lamp: http://www.b9c.com/shop/eu-replacement- ... amp-v12-eu , maybe that`s why filter in front of colour wheel broke(to much heat and blowing cold air from fan) fix me if i`m wrong.
Attachments
20180104_124511.jpg
20180104_124918.jpg
20180105_114124.jpg

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#7 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:01 pm

This is a person who is selling working used parts for vivitek and other projectors.
This is his add on ebay
"Any part for Projector BenQ Nec Mitsubishi Vivitek Panasonic Epson Infocus Dell $29.99 "
His Ebay name is Voltarea.
I have bought replacement parts for my Viviteks on ebay with no problems

Return to “Troubleshooting”