Projector woes and replacement options

Hardware issues, problems and solutions
menandore
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Projector woes and replacement options

Post#1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:38 am

I finally got around to printing on my partially upgraded (build table only) 1.0 printer that I bought used, and my first print came out pretty well... but when I set up for the second print, the projector started having all kinds of errors (sigh). The manual was entirely unhelpful in translating the blinks to meaningful information, and since the projector (almost certainly out of warranty) doesn't seem to be buyable any more, I'm not sure what to do if I can't fix it.

Is it possible to drop in another model of projector? It'd be pretty spiffy if I could upgrade to the HD projector while I was at it.

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Re: Projector woes and replacement options

Post#2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 am

Not really. Mike offered a one time upgrade option for all who have 1.0 - 1.1 machines. Basically it's a discount for a new 1.2.
Or of course you can try to step into mess of making your own projector mount, which also will force you to upgrade frame and so on. :)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:00 am

New projector upgrade will require u to be code writer and mechanic. Taller machine need to accomodate new HD and if u go all out with the upgrade then motors, etc.

There is not suppose to be an upgrade "kit" available, only discount to purchasers of 1.0 and 1.1 machines if u want to buy the new v1.2. There is a deadline and not sure if u have to be the original purchaser. Will try to get an answer for that.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

tacshon
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#4 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 pm

You do not have to be the original purchaser but will have to show proof that it is a legit B9Creator.

menandore
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:53 pm

Darn...

I don't suppose anyone has a spare D535 sitting around that I could buy, do they? Otherwise it looks like my choices are buy a new printer, or try to get my current projector repaired... somehow.

That said, if the only thing stopping me from putting in the HD projector is the projector mount I might be able to work something out. (Unless there are sufficient differences between 1.1 and 1.2 other than resolution that the software flat won't work for a 1.1 with a HD projector.)

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:00 pm

can you do a screen capture the errors for us to know what the problems are?
how many hours are on the projector.
you can buy a new or used projector of the same make and model.

it might just be a software glich
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

menandore
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:09 pm

The "errors" are various blinky lights on the projector that map to some error codes according to the manual; I'll take a video. There's no image at all.

I have yet to find a new or used D535 available on the internet.

menandore
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#8 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:10 pm

I believe the projector only has a few hours on it, but I don't remember the exact number. Certainly fewer than 20 hours.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#9 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:27 pm

First thing i would do is take away power (unplug) and let set a minute then plug up so the internal computer can reboot. Had an issue one time myself and this "fixed" it.

If u need it the user manual for the D535 is available online here.

http://www.projector-manual.com/manuals ... 35_DLP.pdf

It has the codes for the blinking led and other trouble shooting.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Troubleshooting”