Everts NuVat

Hardware issues, problems and solutions
PandaP
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Everts NuVat

Post#41 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:09 am

I've started heat curing and the results were like night and day to me. Convection toaster oven, start from cold at 250 and then ramp up to 350 after 10 minutes, for 1.5 hours. No cracking even on large models, excellent casts when sent to our current casting house.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Everts NuVat

Post#42 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:35 pm

I been asked about the “NuVat Glass by Evert”
Here it is in a nutshell. So far this is working very well with Small prints such as jewelry or small items.
This is not a PDMS coating. It does not need re-oxygenation and I have removed my wiper pretty much for the month I have been testing and printing.
pricing has been referred to me by Evert as such.
1 NuVat - $49.95 Glass shipped to customer, you replace your own glass
1 NuVat Glass replacement by Evert- $59.95
2 Nuvat Glass replacement by Evert- $119.00
3 NuVat Glass replacement by Evert- $179.00
4 NuVat Glass replacement by Evert- $239.00
E-mail Evert at evertgnzlz@yahoo.com with shipping info for tracking.
Pay Pal is the method of payment after contact.
If your ordering just the glass send him an E-mail
If you want to have your vat's glass replaced by Evert see below for pricing (for both )
Send vats to:
Evert Gonzalez
712 Whitaker terrace
Silver Spring, MD. 20901
If your sending a vat to Evert:
Send it complete (and cleaned of all resins please), Evert will send it back with a Nuvat Glass installed. + shipping.
Shipping is always extra and different for all areas by U.S. Postal service 2nd day priority mail unless otherwise requested.
All installations and return shipping are first come first serve.

Disclaimer: Evert is not responsible for any damage due to it's use or installation by Evert or by receiver of the NuVat glass. Use of this product is at your risk. Please refer to disclaimer from Evert.

Since I am introducing you to this you might think I am involved. I am not and in no way associated with Evert other than I have an interest in seeing him succeed and continue positive experiences for our B9 Friends here and everywhere, as well as other jewelers and makers alike.
We all want to help others so pay it forward. All credit for this belongs to Evert. I am just one of a few messengers.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

RobertH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Everts NuVat

Post#43 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:02 pm

does the coating eventually wear out sometime later?
and then when it comes the sweeper part, will any uncured resin get in the way during printing the layer if there is no sweeper installed aside from sweeper mixing the resin during the process.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Everts NuVat

Post#44 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Started heat cuing because my bulbs in the UV box getting weak. Great castings again. I think I might oven cure everything from now on. Let AK or others with more test experience answer, but as far as i know sweeper is mainly for mixing and possibly sweeping away small debris that might be present. I know AK moved his sweeper to the left so as not to rub on the coating. Def don't need the oxygenation with the NuVat glass.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Everts NuVat

Post#45 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 am

Quote from RobertH on December 5, 2014, 21:02
does the coating eventually wear out sometime later?
and then when it comes the sweeper part, will any uncured resin get in the way during printing the layer if there is no sweeper installed aside from sweeper mixing the resin during the process.

as for the coating eventually wearing out? no one know yet how long it will last. as for me I view the sweeper as wear factor on the glass coating and I think it is not necessary to have it continually scrap the coating there by possibly reducing it's life overall. and consider it more of a mixer for the resin only and moved it left to the next set of rail bolts and removed the springs. I am using Mike's new vat ( sweet little thang) and with the springs removed and the sweeper rotated so the flap opens when it returns to the closed closed position the sweeper follows the sides of the vat and it picks it up just before it stops. if the flap is not switched ( did that yesterday by accident) the resin will push up and possible squish out up and over on the end but even then the sweeper follows the vat sides and raised just in time to release the resin flow below it. (lucky for me) but it is important, I think, to have the flapper in a position that pushes the resin back over the window and it actually holds it there and reduces the flow off the window.

as for the sweeper removing any uncured resin in the way during printing that isn't what it does it is designed to remove the resin from the window on PDMS to allow it to get oxygenated each time it closes. it may scrap resin that has adhered to the pdms but not likely it will not do that. and any cured resin from a failed print in either case of using PDMS or the NuVat those little stray pieces are going to be floating (floaters) all around in the resin due to agitation from the wiper. the resin still flows back over the the wiper because of it's position to open the flap.
with the wiper place like I have it now I am considering reducing the amount of resin it calibrates to for the volume in the vat due to it being all pushed over the window.
just another little test.

RobertH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Everts NuVat

Post#46 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:22 am

good info thankyou, Mikes new vat means the one comes with the 1.2 you meant?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Everts NuVat

Post#47 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:51 pm

You are correct sir.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Everts NuVat

Post#48 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:56 pm

yes his new red vat very light and very good.

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Everts NuVat

Post#49 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Are there instructions somewhere for installing the NuVat into a 1.2 Vat?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#50 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:00 pm

I don't think so, because some have sent to Evert, I was told that if u order the glass he includes silicone for install. Might have instructions, not sure.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#51 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:40 pm

KBS756 wrote:Are there instructions somewhere for installing the NuVat into a 1.2 Vat?

did you receive a NuVat ? he said he was doing a video on installation and would definitely come with instructions by PDF in an email after ordered.

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#52 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:45 pm

akgold wrote:
KBS756 wrote:Are there instructions somewhere for installing the NuVat into a 1.2 Vat?

did you receive a NuVat ? he said he was doing a video on installation and would definitely come with instructions by PDF in an email after ordered.

Just got the email from him a little while ago. Didn't get the instructions earlier.

What is the metal epoxy which is referred to in the instructions?

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#53 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:28 am

I meant to say"hash" pattern under the models.

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#54 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Before I try to print on it Any issues at 30z and 30 xy with the first base layers of the supports?

With my first 15-16 layers looking like this Image

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#55 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Show us the "layout"

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#56 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Robert Howle wrote:Show us the "layout"

Layout

Trying to see if I can get these to print at an angle with tons of supports

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#57 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:28 pm

I might would do this way, much quicker. Join after printing or after casting. Won't take as many sprues when casting.
Patel layout 2.JPG
Patel layout 1.JPG

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#58 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Meant more in terms of the NuVat pulling out because of adhesion doing it the way I posted. But thx for the advice on the splitting the Eternity. How would you suggest joining it afterwords?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#59 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:41 pm

U are printing at 30 xy. Mike had problems when printing using the entire build table and covering the surface with print. (70 xy). U should be fine.

Robert

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#60 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:56 pm

.... Thx ended up with the base layer stuck to the NuVat ... Incorrectly calibrated build table ??

Return to “Troubleshooting”