Banding returns with a vengeance

Hardware issues, problems and solutions
austindecent@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:53 am

I was having banding issues a couple months ago so I replaced the bearings and everything has been fine until this week. I finally got around to downloading the new software but I noticed a few days later that I was having banding issues again on this Statue of Liberty print. (the model file is 120mm tall but the print is only 90mm)

I don't print many tall prints to notice, so the timing may just be a coincidence. I cleaned and greased everything up and made sure everything was properly tightened. Then I tried a test print of a Beethoven bust and the problem was WAY WORSE.

I used a 40mm high model and the print was squashed down to 15mm.

I wanted to make sure there wasn't a known software issue because I don't see how the z axis sticking could be that bad. If worse comes to worse I'll tear down the z assembly but let me know what you think.

All prints are at 100xy and 76 micron layers with Makerjuice G+ resin

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:13 am

Z axis binding. Maybe when u tightened everything with regards to the guide rods u over did it. The screws should be just tight enough for the bearings to stay in place.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Check how Z-axis is going without nut on the "arm". You can easily do it just unscrewing two top screws on the arm and removing the delrin nut assembly. Nut itself should be downed to the bottom so that it would not prevent you from goin top down with arm.

Return to “Troubleshooting”