X Axis DOA

Hardware issues, problems and solutions
etackett

X Axis DOA

Post#1 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:00 am

Hello everyone,

received my B9 kit, put everything together z-axis works fine X. axis not so much. I took everything apart followed the wiki and what information I could find on the forms in utilizing the toggle switch on the control panel sometimes the motor will move other times it won't. When it is moving I can actually stall the motor by placing my finger on the shaft. Has anyone else experienced this problem and are there any known remedies.

Thanks in advance

>>>>>> end of line

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

X Axis DOA

Post#2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:13 am

are you sure that the motor is stalling or is the set screw not firmly tightened. This happened to me,

etackett

X Axis DOA

Post#3 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:20 am

I checked and disassembled the motor. I took off the vat sweeper bar (2 set screws). The reduction gear (the little brass one below the reduction head) only moves if I movew the encoder. Once its started it seems to dun fine but as soon as I shut it off it will not restart.

etackett

X Axis DOA

Post#4 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:27 am

Views of disassembled motor

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

X Axis DOA

Post#5 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:17 am

Is it possible that the settings for the X motor have been changed?
Under Printer settings:
Slide full open position should be 4100
slide home offset should be 590

If these numbers are different, that will affect how the X motor performs on the 1.2 version

etackett

X Axis DOA

Post#6 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:23 am

Haven't even run the software yet. Just doing system checks through the toggle switch. I will check it though.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

X Axis DOA

Post#7 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:37 pm

You have to download the software and setup the configuration and the firmware upload before u start messing with the machine.
Dance like nobody's watching!

etackett

X Axis DOA

Post#8 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Ok I will try that.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

X Axis DOA

Post#9 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Here is a start up list. I suggest u do these in order and then run your toggel test, etc.

Note: preliminary test (item #11 on list) are run with no resin, and sweeper should be removed.

Dance like nobody's watching!

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

X Axis DOA

Post#10 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:57 pm

with your side rails and vat and plate holders taken out u should just have flat surface x axis plate and motor arm right.. if you move arm now it will rotate 360 non stop since sensors dont pick up vat. Check sensor placement
****make sure ure motor arm is tightened on the flat part of head...when the arm moves to the left ** or open vat**the flat part of the motor head is facing the front of machine.when at home position the flat part of motor head should be facing backz plate.
i usually tighten at open vat position first Or arm to left-- then i move x axis to right and tighten the other side fron front...
** im asuming u alredy put x and z axis together**!! if you are still at assembly stage just do it right from that point!!!* also put like a washer underneath the arm and x axis plate so when u tighten the arm it has some space in between like pic in assembly.
check the wiring------ and last if all fails disconect from power supply and usb for some time.. then reconect....also install new version of b9. 1.73.

etackett

X Axis DOA

Post#11 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks all for the tips. Went through the process again to make sure I didn't miss anything did a clean reload of the software (even deleted the .inf file). Still have the same problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting”