Plate sticking

Hardware issues, problems and solutions
bvwjewelers
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Plate sticking

Post#1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:18 am

I'm doing a large build area for my 1.2 @ 70 micron and the plate is sticking to the PDMS on the first layer (base?). I know I read somewhere what I need to do but can't find the solution...Suggestion?
"BVW Jewelers using 3D Printing in all our designs." http://www.bvwjewelers.com/

KNSCi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Plate sticking

Post#2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:46 am

@bvw; personally I haven't yet printed at 70xy, but that shouldn't matter for this issue. Can you explain a bit more what is happening? That is, you click Create, vat moves, table comes down, exposure happens, then the x motor is unable to move the vat? or is there something else going on...
I'm in India where it's kind of late, but I'm up anyway and thought to help advance the solution of your issue by getting this clarification out for evening time in Europe and daytime in the US.
The only thing I can think of, if this scenario I'm inferring happened to me, would be to kill the job by pulling the usb cord so the x motor doesn't get damaged, and the z components are not damaged. Then I'd take out the Build Table thumbscrew, plug in again, raise the arm, take the vat and table out and try to separate the table from pdms with a spatula or something. I'd look to see if there was resin between the table and the pdms.
You might have a table calibration that's too tight to the pdms, you might have not enough resin in the vat, ummm.. that's all I can think of now. Looking forward to additional ideas.
ZLab3d, printing with B9Creator 1.1 & 1.2 since 2013

bvwjewelers
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Plate sticking

Post#3 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:53 am

"That is, you click Create, vat moves, table comes down, exposure happens, then the x motor is unable to move the vat? "
Correct, the table sticks to the PDMS, all I have done is gone from 30 to 70, cheery to red, and my surface area covers the whole plate...that's why I think it's sticking.
"BVW Jewelers using 3D Printing in all our designs." http://www.bvwjewelers.com/

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Plate sticking

Post#4 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:37 pm

I was just printing today on a v1.2 machine at 70, full surface, default Red, 100micron slice thicknes. No sticking at all. Could be your MSM needs to be tuned down if you have a "hot" projector. Is it at 1.0 (default) now?
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Plate sticking

Post#5 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:45 pm

I was thinking overcure also. Only other thing maybe did u recalibrate the build table with the change (didn't need too unless new PDMS) and possibly press too hard on the table and pressed it into the surface of the PDMS. Just thinking outloud.
Dance like nobody's watching!

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Plate sticking

Post#6 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:01 am

I was having this issue too. I had to tilt the print but the results were not what I wanted.

tobyramp@hotmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Plate sticking

Post#7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:48 pm

slice thickness?

Return to “Troubleshooting”