Quote from Burnsjt on February 13, 2014, 20:07
Could you explain what you did to edit the Z-home offset?
I'm working on modding the Z axis on my B9 and may need to make a similar edit.
OK. This part of it always seemed a bit like black magic when I was building my printer. And, after I rebuilt the motor driver, I did a lot of thrashing around before I got things working again. Here are my notes that I jotted down right after I got it working. They may or may not be helpful to you:
I set the home position (Y0) to a random number around 5000. Then entered G0 to make the table descend to what it thought was zero. Next, using the front panel switch, I lowered the table to contact the PDMS manually. I noted the Z position value in the terminal utility window, subtracted that number from my original home position (the original random number I selected) and made the difference the new home position by entering Y[new value]. In the Arduino sketch, I set the Z-home offset to 0.