B9 Model Cure and Old Resin

Any and all 3D Printing related topics
Tommy White
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

B9 Model Cure and Old Resin

Post#1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:38 am

Hi,

I have had the b9 Creator for around 10 months now, I use Emerald resin. Most of the time casting is fine but from time to time I get bad casts. I use a commercial casters in London. Every time we get a bad cast, the caster says it is down to the curing as other resin on the tree came out good.

I visited this forum for tips and ideas the other day and saw you now have the b9 model cure unit, I don't think it was on sale when I brought the creator. Anyway, I visited my local b9 distributor this morning and ordered one which comes on Tuesday. I hope this will reduce failed casts and also save me time.

At the moment, I am using a nail bar and then 30 mins in a oven.

My question, now I have the model cure until, will this be the only curing I need to do before taking to my casters? I can now throw out the nail bar and oven?

Second, I have read curing is 2 - 6 mins depending on size. If I have a table of large and small pieces can i put them all on for 6 mins or will this cause smaller items to over cure?

This week I also brought my second emerald resin. At the moment I have a vat fill left of the old 10 month old resin. Once it goes below the top up line, should I just top up with the new resin. Meaning mixing the old resin with the new or should I throw away the old resin and start fresh with the new resin?

Thank you

Tommy

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: B9 Model Cure and Old Resin

Post#2 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 am

You don't have to worry about over cure at those settings. If u put a full build table in the curing unit just cure for the largest and thickest item in the build.

Just mix the old and new and blend well. I have green that I am using since it's first release (over a year) don't remember. I always leave it in the vat except to strain or change PDMS.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Tommy White
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:57 am

Thank you Robert :)

Devlin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:46 pm

At the moment, I am using a nail bar and then 30 mins in a oven.

Tommy the 2-6 min is for the B9 curing unit.
The nail curing units need 2- 4 hours.
Matrix 7.5, Zbrush 4r7, Minitech minimill 2, B9 Creator V1.2

Return to “3D Printing”