Any and all 3D Printing related topics
ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

BETTER SUPPORT MODE

Post#1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:02 am

OR TENNIS INDIANI CARRE SOLO PZ SOPRA3,5x3,5.stl
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 75 times

Hi someone could suggest me the better way to support this model? Because the model doesn't grow in the center part
now I changed in thismode. Is it ok or are too much support?

Thanks sergio
support.jpg
support 2.jpg

print parameter support 2.jpg

With these support the print is ok, but I wonder is it possible to made less support?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: BETTER SUPPORT MODE

Post#2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:47 am

Angle more steep and should use less supports. Would have to see file or more angles of the layout.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:58 am

Robert Howle wrote:Angle more steep and should use less supports. Would have to see file or more angles of the layout.

Robert

Hi Robert on the top there is the stl file thanks Sergio

Stephen Attaway
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:52 am

If you have flats that are parallel to the PDMS surface, then the first unsupported layer of the flat will be only 0.03 mm thick. When the layers are this thin, they are not very strong and will need lots of supports. Try using the preview to see layer by layer the print as it is exposed. The preview will show the unsupported areas in red. If you see areas more than about one to two mm that are red, you will likely need more support. Tilting the model will reduce the unsupported layers.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Stephen I know very well what you said is normal locate support on the unsupported area look at my second pic in the post. I rotate 15°x and 15°y, it isn't enough? I wonder the failed print with few supports just on the unsupported model zones could depend by my pizza flexvat or is it normal with this rotation degrees? Pls someone could try to print with the same model position and less support just on unsupported area or just little more, and tell what's happen?
pizza flexvat vacum.png
Thanks Sergio

Return to “3D Printing”