New upgraded build table

Any and all 3D Printing related topics
Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

New upgraded build table

Post#1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:54 pm

I would recommend the new build table. Part of the beta testing and tried my best to do a sloppy job and get failed prints. No more pushing down to make good planar contact with the PDMS, no weighs needed, no paper on corners, tighten the thumb screws, raise and finish the tightning. I even tried to over tighten the thumb screws with the wrench, and no problems.

This thing is great. It weighs 3 -1/2 times the original assembly. When u loosen the screws on this one and it floats freely even a non tech newb can calibrate with no problems. The thickness of the metal build table should completely eliminate any warping of the surface.

Sould be on everyones list of things to get for 2017. I don't make any money because of this post or company sales.

Robert Howle
Last edited by Robert Howle on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: New upgraded build table

Post#2 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:47 pm

My personal advice is to get the new build table... I have not seen it or tied it, But I have been saying for a while that having a flat build table is very important... Not only Flat , but also strong so that it can't get bent or twisted with the forces of the printer.

I made my own reinforced Platforms and the difference in calibrating is night and day...
I would highly recommend it as the first thing to buy!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Daniel I forgot to mention that this new one is stainless steel and not aluminum. Has a lot to do with the rigid constuction.

Original assembly weights 129 grams, the new one is 427 grams.

Robert
Last edited by Robert Howle on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:05 pm

What are you talking bout is there a picture?

no news or announcement where did you see this and what does it look like?
how much is it?
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Its' in the "Products" under "Accessories." Added with the new updated web site.

Robert Howle

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#6 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Prob should have been something under "Official news and updates".

Everyone has been frozen in SD last couple of weeks. Might have something to do with it.

Robert Howle
Last edited by Robert Howle on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#7 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Robert Howle wrote:Prob should have been something under "official news and announcements".

Ya think?
LOL

I found it
http://www.b9c.com/shop/accessories/B9C ... d-Platform
Attachments
Build Table_web-500x500.jpg
Build Table_web-500x500.jpg (27.29 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
Last edited by akgold on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#8 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Went back and edited is is really "Official news and Updates", sorry.

Robert

lobby
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:40 pm

I looked for the notice from B9, but couldn't find it.

I'm a bit confused by this text in the description of the table: "The B9Creator Stainless Steel Build Platform is a great accessory when using multiple materials & vats. Having multiple platforms speeds material changes and the printing of multiple parts by eliminating the need to clean a build table before starting your next print."

I guess they're suggesting that having spare build tables is a good thing. Or, are they saying that they'll sell only the bottom half of the unit?

lobby
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:42 pm

I wonder what the screws on the side of top bracket are for?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#11 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 pm

You will have to puchase both pieces as a unit. The wider build table assembly will not work with the original.

The screws look like they are placed for "hanging" after printing for draining resin? Will take a look after current print is done.

Robert Howle

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#12 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:52 pm

hmmm
Going to order one.
Also would those thumb screws work with the existing platform. If so can somebody send me a purchase link.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#13 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Thumb screws for the original build table assembly can be gotten from McMaser Carr. Bought these in 2014. This will give u extras and may fit both, not sure.

Thumb screw.JPG
Thumb screw.JPG (23.08 KiB) Viewed 3282 times

Thumb screw order page 2.JPG

Robert Howle

lobby
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#14 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:37 am

Robert Howle wrote:You will have to puchase both pieces as a unit. The wider build table assembly will not work with the original.

Robert Howle

It would be cool, though, to buy one entire unit plus a spare bottom half unit. You know, so you can keep printing while the first one dries after washing.

Just thinking out loud.

Robert, do you know what problems with the aluminum build table they were trying to solve when they designed this one? Or put another way, the benefits of this new one?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#15 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:05 pm

No warping from overtightening.

New build tabel size allows for ease of initial thumb screw tightening (easier access).

Weight helps to ensure proper calibration without adding weight, pushing down, paper corner method, etc.. None of this matters if u re coat vats and they are not done properly.

More consistent planar build platform during manufacturing.

Just a note: Make sure the build table "floats" freely when the thumb screws are loose. Hope this is a "check" at the factory prior to shipping, will save a lot of newbs problems.

Robert Howle

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#16 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:49 pm

awesome new robert.... ;)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#17 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:26 pm

I really did calibrate using the new build table (during testing) and did it like I had never done it before and tried making all the mistakes I know others have made and got a great calibration every time.

It is a great big improvement over the original design. One of the many reasons why Mike and Matthew in the factory are so good is that they listen to feedback and don't release anything till they know it will do what they say it will. I don't think they even let us beta testers have things until they already know things work. At least it gives myself and others the opportunity for feedback as end users. Nothing like testing "stuff" in a real world shop, lab, or factory environment. As we all know things that work in a set-up by manfacturers in ideal conditions often work, but not so much in individual real world situations/set-ups.

Not to mention, I love playing with new "stuff". New "stuff" like Matrix and the B9 printer have changed, if not saved, my small business.

Robert Howle

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#18 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Hard to belive I just noticed this, maybe it didnt' exist in "old" forum.

The individual posts are numbered in a particular thread (example: #17 in orange).

Now, as and example, u can post a link to a "thread" and recommend reading posts #15 thru #17.

Maybe it's just me and this was there all along. Learn something new everyday, or at least maybe u and I both should at least try.

Robert Howle

Franz
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#19 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi Robert and hello to all.

Thanks for posting what appears to be new forum tools and announcing new ss build table. Love the new website look too.

It is so cool to see how the great team at B9 is always pushing forward. My hat is off to you, and you have my loyalty and thanks.

To a job well done!

All the best in this new year.

Regards
Franz

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#20 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks, Franz. Thanks for all the kind words and wishes during and after my daughter's wedding.

As a loyal and informed b9er your contributions, along with others here on the forum, make the community a great place to learn and share info.

My best to you in the new year.

Robert

Return to “3D Printing”