new printer settings

Any and all 3D Printing related topics
RobertW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

new printer settings

Post#1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:52 am

I've done a lot of searching the forum before and since receiving our new B9 creator and I've gleaned a lot of useful info for getting started. However, almost all of the settings / screen shots offered by various users are relative to the previous version software and printer. Would any seasoned users with the latest and greatest B9 hardware & software please share screenshots of their current settings? It would be immensely helpful to newbies who are trying to learn the basics. At the moment, this forum is the only B9 user guide we have and it seems to me that trying to find specific information here is like searching for definitions in a dictionary that's not alphabetized.

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

new printer settings

Post#2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:59 am

If you are using standard b9 resins you do not need to worry about settings. You should be able to select with the default settings for your relative resin

If your looking for more in-depth info just let us know or pm me and I'll talk you through it on the phone for the time being. Then maybe we'll add whatshelpful on this thread.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

new printer settings

Post#3 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Yea, that. Mike spent an awful lot of time and energy so u could just enter resin and set up (xy and z resolution) and get usable predictable results. No tweeking required unless u do something outside the suggested parameters. There is always the possibility for projecter specific tweeks. Need to see prints to know.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

jeremy
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

new printer settings

Post#4 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Does anyone know...if I am using a v1.1 machine should the default settings with the new software work with the specified resin? I just downloaded 1.7.3 and now I am having lots of failed prints. I use 2:1 cherry:red resin sliced at 31microns, also sliced at 25microns with no luck. Until I updated software things were working flawlessly using "odyssey cherry" settings. Could my issue be that I am using mixed resin?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

new printer settings

Post#5 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:00 pm

what is Odyssey cherry?
I updated and I don't have that problem.
But I also checked my focus and slightly changed it and recalibrate the build table per Mike when I ran into suddenly failing prints.
I also unplugged everything. I really probably only needed to calibrate the table but I redid all including updating the software after staying with the 1.7.0 beta version because it was printing just fine until it didn't I am using 1:1 mix.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

new printer settings

Post#6 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:02 pm

The new software should work fine on v1.1 with default settings for Red or Cherry. If you are using a mix of 2:1 Cherry:Red, I'd suggest using the default Cherry material, it will be a bit over exposed but should at least print.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

jeremy
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

new printer settings

Post#7 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:27 pm

@akgold-Odyssey cherry was a post from carter to a while back. Mike, I have used the default cherry settings and it looks like certain items on the build plate stopped growing after the first 20 layers. Could this be caused by over exposure?

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

new printer settings

Post#8 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Jeremy I would start a new thread.

no, this is not a result of overexposure imo. probably the opposite.

I had similar issues and had to adjust my machine specific multiplier. Look for a short print like a coin and adjust it until you get a good print. Start with 1.1.

I feel like that is my catch all answer but it most certainly helped me

jeremy
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

new printer settings

Post#9 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Yep did that, at 1.1 the results were the same. Maybe up it to 1.2?

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

new printer settings

Post#10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:43 pm

oh yes, keep on testing. .. do you have ver 1.7.3 installed? I believe it allows you to iterate all the way to 2.5

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

new printer settings

Post#11 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Make sure your slice setting in the slice dialogue box is still at your chosen setting. I noticed mine defaulted to 50 when I upgraded. Just a thought.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

new printer settings

Post#12 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:30 pm

This one.

Return to “3D Printing”