Z screw wobble

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
24kgold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Z screw wobble

Post#1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:32 pm

First, I love my B9 Creator. I've had it for 3 years and all of my prints have a rhythmic wave to them. Finally determined that the wave pattern is made by a slight wobble in the z-axis screw. I've tried adjusting it and it seems like the very slight bend to the screw is in the middle so it can't be adjusted. When printing, you can see the wobble at the top of the screw and a very, very slight wobble to the build table. The rhythmic waves in ring shanks has not been a big problem, but it does make a difference in tiny details, especially small openings and millgrain edges.

I'd like the prints to be as smooth as possible for finishing purposes so do I need to replace the complete motor along with the screw or can I get just another screw? I have a feeling I know the answer and I'm probably being a little picky, but I know these prints can be a little better than they are and I'd like to have them that way.

Thanks,
Terry.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Z screw wobble

Post#2 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:32 pm

Which B9 do you have?
B91.1 or the 1.2HD?
I know of no reason to replace both of them but after running for three years it would be good to have a back up motor
for the future if you plan to keep it.

(edit)
It doesn't look like you have a choice if you replace the 1.2hd screw as it comes with the new motor
Z-Axis Motor, Leadscrew, Anti-Backlash Nut for B9Creator V1.2
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

24kgold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Z screw wobble

Post#3 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:43 pm

I have the 1.2. I will probably order a new motor which hopefully will have a perfectly straight screw. My print today was actually a little better after messing with the screw, but the print can still be improved. Thanks for your input.

Terry

Return to “Hardware”