STRANGE OVERRIDDEN PARAMETERS

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

STRANGE OVERRIDDEN PARAMETERS

Post#1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:47 am

In order to better attach the model to the build table I normally override increasing the attach base and the attach over time, so the other parameter remain the same, after print, I have to do the same operation with one other print, so I hold "Load Settings from Last Print Job" and watching the parameter on the pc I notice that the base time has changed from before! Is it all right that?
I wonder a what base time I had the previous print?
This is very important because I'm tuning the printer so when I remake a print tuning changing the parameter I have to be sure on what parameters i printed before!!!!
I become more crazy than what I'm :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted:

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: STRANGE OVERRIDDEN PARAMETERS

Post#2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Any time u change settings on the left side of the print screen u overide the software (no lamp aging etc.).

If u are having trouble with attachment layers then prob build table calibration, etc.

If u want to maintain the values created by the software then change the attachment settings using the MSM. You can raise this and all exposures will be adjusted by the same percentage. Then u can always "load" settings from last print.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi Robert what do you mean that when I change the attach base and the attach over time, I change all the others parameters? And also I reset my lamp age time (new only 11 hrs)!!!
I don't understand this cryptic software!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:55 pm

The software automatically adjusts for lamp aging etc. The only thing u should have to adjust after u do a calibration print and adjust the fade, balance, and slope is the MSM to get attachment if that is a problem.

Like I said, if u make any changes to the times on the left side of the print screen u override the software that automatically calculates exposure times based on resin, resolution, lamp age, etc. Changes on the right side of the screen are all mechanical and don't have any effect on the calculated exposures.

What resin are u using (b9 or third party)?

You should never have to manually set exposures unless u are using a third party resin.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Dear Robert I'm using emerald green, but still I don't understand why changing the attach overand base time I override athers parameters as the lamp aging and so on and not only the noted parameters,!
My problem is that the center part of the model doesn't print
At the moment I changed the bulb and I resetted all parameter as the fabric one if I try to tune the printer with a simply grid (because if i print one entirely test grid doesn't come out)as that with the pig 3x2mm
grid.jpg

the size are 2mm the down part F- and 2,13mm the top part F+ and 2mm the center pig
when I try a print the the first 4 layers are ok then the center doesn't attach!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Are you changing the settings in material settings... this is possible so that you are not over riding the software lamp aging. I think thats what you mean...

Robert is saying that if you change the settings on the left side of the screen where you start the printing, this will warn you that it will not track the time related to your lamp.
These are 2 different things

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Ok Dan, but if I change only the attach base and over this means that I'm changing only the base and the over time only in the first attach layer and the rest remain the same or not?

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 pm

When I make changes like this, I watch to see if the other settings automatically adjust.I write the setting on paper, then I make the change. I only make changes in the material catalog after I rename the material like Dans Emerald .
if you make changes there,it will adjust other settings and you can see it.

Matt
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#9 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm

You can make a custom material with just an increased attach exposure time like metalcaster is saying. Just go under settings, into the material catalog, make a duplicate of the material you are using and increase the attach multiplier.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks Matt this is true but doesn't resolve my doubt. these may be because the ? explanation over the top of the advanced print parameter as the usual :D :D it isn't one explanation! Pls read carefully the ? esplanation what is wrote all and nothing in the mean time This is as the usual for the leak of complete manual of use of the various parameter.

Return to “Hardware”