B9CREATOR 1.2 - Z axis/switch not working

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
duversant

B9CREATOR 1.2 - Z axis/switch not working

Post#1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:55 am

Hi guys,

I started having trouble with the Z axis toggle switch, it's completely unresponsive.

I was thinking maybe the Z axis motor died, so connected a new one to see if it would solve the issue but it changed nothing, the Z axis switch still not working.

Any ideas where could be the problem?

Much appreciated :)

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: B9CREATOR 1.2 - Z axis/switch not working

Post#2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:00 pm

First try unplugging all leads and power cables
Wait a few minutes then plug it all back in.
See if the helps
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

duversant

Post#3 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Unplugged everything and put it back together, unfortunately didn't help the issue :(

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 am

check the connections. Had a friend that one had not quite seated.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

duversant

Post#5 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Tried my best to check the connections, but still nothing.

I remember before the Z axis toggle stopped working, the vat started to move by itself left to right super fast when I booted the computer/printer. I shut everything down and after the reboot that z axis switch didn't respond anymore.

Have you had this happening before?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:01 pm

duversant wrote:Tried my best to check the connections, but still nothing.

I remember before the Z axis toggle stopped working, the vat started to move by itself left to right super fast when I booted the computer/printer. I shut everything down and after the reboot that z axis switch didn't respond anymore.

Have you had this happening before?

Yes All of the above has happened to me when I was running my B91.1 not once but several times over the course of time I ran it at one point I remember that none of the switches were working.
First I shut down the computer then I removed the power to the B9, disconnected the cable from the computer to the B9, removed the power to the projector let it sit for a minimum of several min. maybe 5 min. the I turned the computer on and a few times I deleted and reloaded the software
and with the computer on I reconnected the usb cable the power to the B9 then the power to the projector
It seemed to solve any of the problems you describe above. Usually when the motor went goofy and vat started to move by itself left to right super fast I would disconnect the power to make it stop.
Any way that is what I suggested above but more specific.
I may well be the motor is shot check the connectors on the card itself otherwise you may need to contact B9 directly
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#7 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:21 am

Sometimes the back and forth movement of the vat is caused by resin on the photo sensor on the right having resin on it. U can clean using a q tip an ISO.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Hardware”