X acxis motor

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
norig@rogers.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

X acxis motor

Post#1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:32 am

After replacing the X axis the vat does not center with the projector.
Does anyone know how calibrate, so it will stop farther left or right.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: X acxis motor

Post#2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:09 pm

It is critical to put the x motor back in the exact original position. Probably when you put the new motor in, you may have turned the motor 1 or 2 screw holes over.. The 6 retaining screws are spaced evenly, so that can easily happen. to fix, go back to original instructions if you have them, other wise, move the motor 1 screw over and test until the tray stops correctly

norig@rogers.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:16 am

Thanks Metalcaster.
I'll try that.

norig@rogers.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Metalcaster wrote:It is critical to put the x motor back in the exact original position. Probably when you put the new motor in, you may have turned the motor 1 or 2 screw holes over.. The 6 retaining screws are spaced evenly, so that can easily happen. to fix, go back to original instructions if you have them, other wise, move the motor 1 screw over and test until the tray stops correctly

The X motor can not be rotated in the motor housing or bracket. There is only one position for it.

24kgold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:11 pm

I have the same question. I ordered a new X axis motor. I assume installation instructions will come with it. If not, when I affix the top arm onto the motor shaft, what position should the arm be in when I tighten the allen screws? Should the tray be engaged into the sensor at the end or should the tray be all the way to the left? Thanks.

Terry

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#6 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:17 pm

24kgold wrote:I have the same question. I ordered a new X axis motor. I assume installation instructions will come with it. If not, when I affix the top arm onto the motor shaft, what position should the arm be in when I tighten the allen screws? Should the tray be engaged into the sensor at the end or should the tray be all the way to the left? Thanks.

Terry

The position of the gold arm on the shaft doesn't really matter, just line up the flat on the shaft with the set screw in the arm. The computer will turn the arm until the slide engages the sensor to find "home", that's how it know's where it's at (along with the encoder on the motor itself).
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#7 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Yea, that. What Mike just posted.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

24kgold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#8 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Thank you! I had a feeling that was the case but wanted to make sure.

Terry

Return to “Hardware”