print fails

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
ethere11

print fails

Post#1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:38 pm

hi guys,

We've been having consistent print fails. In the first picture (left) the calibration print shows the problem. I decided to set my projector settings back to factory settings and the calibration print looked much better (Right). The second picture shows my print failing after having supposedly fixed the problem by returning the projector to factory settings. Could this be my projector failing? i have had this printer for about 3 years.

Thank you
MZ
Attachments
IMG_8292.JPG
IMG_8351.JPG
IMG_8351.JPG (82.44 KiB) Viewed 1434 times

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: print fails

Post#2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm

How many lamp hrs?

Did u set the projector settings back because they should not have changed. The only thing is if u set the lamp hrs back to zero then the lamp aging built into the software won't allow for your lamp hrs.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

ethere11

Post#3 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Thank you for the quick response Robert.

Looks like about 750 hours on the lamp. And yes, i have my old setting saved. I attached them below. I've been having problems with about a 3rd of the plate for a while now which is why i had my settings set like so. I was trying to move the problem area out of the way as much as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and happy holidays!
Attachments
IMG_8286.JPG

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Looks like your platform is no longer perfectly aligned. For a test, you could take a piece of folded paper and put it between the Yellow arm and the red platform on the side that is failing. tighten that. try a new test print. The paper will put downward pressure on it and work better. It may fix it sometimes too .
Or, just recalibrate the platform ...

Return to “Hardware”