Red and Cherry mix

General material & B9Resin discussions
24kgold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Red and Cherry mix

Post#1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:31 am

I've been using green resin for about 2 years now, but have printing issues of rounded edges and prongs, no matter which way I orient the model. It's not a big deal because I can touch up the models with a little wax. Now, in case you're wondering, I have my v1.2 printer calibrated perfectly and I do get good prints. However, I'm not completely satisfied with the prints in green, so I looked back at my older prints with red and cherry mix. Every detail, even prongs at an angle and edges with small details are crisp. I may go back to cherry-red mix for better printing detail. Here is my question.

I used to mix equal parts of cherry and red for my prints. And if I'm not mistaken, there was later a pre-mix of cherry and red that could be purchased. I don't see that on the list of materials. Is that product still offered or do I have to buy the two red products and mix my self?

Thanks.
Terry

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: Red and Cherry mix

Post#2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:53 am

Sorry, but we've never sold a mix of the two.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

24kgold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Red and Cherry mix

Post#3 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:52 am

Obviously I was mistaken. Is the mix still the best rather than just use the cherry by itself or will the cherry make better prints? Just working on the best prints possible. I have no issues with casting the red resin. I can cast it all just fine. Thanks.

Terry

Return to “Materials”