Emerald green resin shelf life

General material & B9Resin discussions
Kris-D
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Emerald green resin shelf life

Post#1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:30 am

I searched on the forum but it doesn't seem like there is a definitive answer to this question. Does anyone know how long the resin is good for if it's stored in the black bottle it's shipped in and inside a plastic bag? I purchased some in May of 2018. I'm over 2/3 of the way through the bottle and I've been having a lot of failures. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kristy

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Emerald green resin shelf life

Post#2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi Kristy,
I am still using the last of my bottle of green resin that came with my B9 Core printer. It was delivered to me almost 2 years ago in Feb or March of 2017?
No I don't print that much and my prints are just fine. I do figurously shake that bottle and let it sit so the bubbles subside for about a half hour before I add it to my Vat. I also leave my resin in the vat inside the Printer and pull it out and stir the resin so the white striation looking stuff is mixed well with the rest. I also use the white spatchula to wipe the window so the white stuff is removed from the window and is well mixed. Others remove the vats and tilt the vats so it settles in the well of the vat to mix it and the vat also benefits from the exposure to oxy that is needed to print on the PDMS type of window.
So the short answer is I have not heard of a shelf life unless it is contaminated or compromised by exposure to light.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Kris-D
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Emerald green resin shelf life

Post#3 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:29 am

Thank you, Tim. That was very helpful. I don't think my issue is the resin but I'm trying to rule out any additional variables.

Return to “Materials”