Suggestions for printing

B9 Core Series - Ideas and Discussions
Marius Goerner

Suggestions for printing

Post#1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 am

Dear B9 Community,

our B9Core 550 just arrived and I am running the first tests. I am completely new to 3d printing and already read a lot in this forum. The first test I ran was a custom made object which came out as a complete fail (cf. attached image, printed with 30 microns). I then printed the test file from the printer which came out okayish (see also attached images, printed with 50 microns). Since I don't have isopropyl alc available at the moment I used a mixture of 70% ethanol and rest isopropyl alc. It seems there is a lot of halve cured resin attached to the printed objects which I can peel off but does not dissolve in the ultrasonic cleaner. These softer parts are grey and not black as the properly cured parts. I cleaned it twice for 20min using the ethanol/isop mixture in the ultrasonic. Will this problem be solved by using pure isop alc? (I also tried just soapy water).

My second question concerns the best model design for the custom made objects, it's a cylinder with very tiny drillings/holes. I attached the model file. If somebody finds time I would very much appreciate if you orient it and equip it with supports as an example for me.

Ah, and what is the basis of the "recommendations" in the printer menu when choosing the resolution - irrespective of the resin type it seems always to be 50 microns? Is it just trade-of between accuracy and time?

Cheers, Marius
Attachments
IMG_2302.JPG
IMG_2301.JPG
IMG_2300.JPG
IMG_2299.JPG
That is the custom made object
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2297.JPG
IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2294.JPG
IMG_2292.JPG
Last edited by Marius Goerner on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marius Goerner

Re: Suggestions for printing

Post#2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Apparently I cannot send files other than jpg. Please PM so that I can send the file via email in case somebody wants to suggest orientation and support structures.

Aaron RMW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 am

which material did you use and which settings did you use?

Marius Goerner

Post#4 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:36 am

I used the B9R-2-Black Resin. For the test file I used 50 microns z-resolution and for my own object 30 microns.

Aaron RMW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 am

it seems like the attachment layer on the sample print is uneven, are you making sure the build platform finger screw is tightened enough? you may want to contact support as well if you haven't already.

Marius Goerner

Post#6 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Yes, that might be the best. I have just read your answer to the 'Lifetime of New DuraVat' post. Printing the test file needed around 4h in my case, it seems there is something wrong. I am quite sure that I tightened the screw of the build platform enough. Thanks!

Aaron RMW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:29 pm

the difference in print time could easily be from different materials used. I don't know if that is any real indication of an issue.

Marius Goerner

Post#8 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:52 pm

That might be, but 3h difference seems a bit to much?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#9 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:19 pm

If this is the B9core using the Black resin and the grey resin you need to call or fill out a trouble ticket and submit it immediately or send an email or call your seller about this it is not something we can help you with,

because the B9 Core is not an open source printer like the previous models were and actually no on here can help with this issue unless it is to say
clean and strain your vats, shake or mix your resins well before printing, make sure the vat is allowed to breathe as the clear area needs to be exposed to oxygen after 4 or 5 print sessions.
Plus if you not cleaning your prints well you will have nothing but problems.
Most all of us do not use alcohol to clean the prints we use a mixture of Dawn soap and water in a hot ultrasonic in a container or a plastic baggie.
Oh and make sure you have updated to the most current version of B9Core software.

other than the above recommendations you will need to go to http://www.b9c.com/support/b9-core
and file a trouble ticket.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Aaron RMW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:20 pm

yep. I compared print time estimates our machine gave for black...something doesn't seem right at all. definitely submit that support ticket because the black should take less time than the emerald. Is this a used machine or did you buy it new?

Marius Goerner

Post#11 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 am

Issue is solved by updating firmware:)

Return to “General Discussion”