B9 1.1 A061 error software alternative?

B9 Core Series - Ideas and Discussions
mepi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

B9 1.1 A061 error software alternative?

Post#1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:53 am

Hi!

I have a old machine b9 1.1 and have a issue with the A061 error code (projector wont boot up via serial cable. I tried EVERYTHING and always get the same error A061 and my printer does not start. Basically due to a software issue I have a bricked 3d printer.

1. Can anyone recommend a alternative software to control this printer? Is it even possible? I tried looking at TinyPrint and nanodlp but I can't seem to connect to the printer. (connection works fine in b9creators software).
2. Is there anyway to SKIP the projector boot up (turn on MANUAL mode?)

Please any advice will be much appreciated. I swaped fresh electronics, changed cabled I got from b9 but that did not seem to help Im still stuck on the f... A061 error.

Please?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: B9 1.1 A061 error software alternative?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Have u tried unplugging everything including the projector from the AC power supply. Allow the projector to reboot.

Also u may have a bad cable, try a different one.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 pm

have you replaced the cable with new one?

EDIT ) You Beat me to it Robert
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:51 pm

I couldn't remember the process but I remembered it was the code
found it here. By the way anytime you have a question it might be already answered all you have to do is type in a key word like A061 to see what has been shared on it here is the search search.php?keywords=A061+
Tim

Matt
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Report this post

Post#4 » December 8th, 2015, 9:25 am
A061 errors can be fixed by unplugging the projector for 30sec and then re-trying the print process (works 50% of the time) or manually turning on the projector at the same time you click to tell the software to turn it on. Not 100% sure why these happen, but it seems to be an issue with the projector not listening to the commands sent through the rs232 cable. Usually doesn't happen again after you use one of these fixes, so long as you are using the same setup.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#5 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:07 pm

I was getting the AO61 about 50% of the time on both my printers. I have tried suggested solutions, but it does not seem to fix it permanently.Essentially what I do now, when I am ready to hit the button to print, I do that. If the green light does not start to blink within 3 seconds, I manually push the start button on the projector, you can see the green light blink and it prints fine.
Now,I don't wait for it to fail.... just start it that way.

mepi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:54 am

That you for your replies.
I tried all - reseting, turning on while clicking print ect. (btw. from the forum posts that works only on 1.2 NOT 1.1)

I'm still stuck with a bricked printer because of a software issue. I do not understand WHY b9creator can't solve this issue among MANY of its users!
Just give us a option to SKIP A061 code in the software. Is it that hard to add a checkbox in a software update?
You could solve many issues with broken printers with this simple solution.

Why can't you just help us on the software side? Can someone direct me who is in charge of b9 software development? This fix should be a few minutes for your developers and in return you could get many of your printers up and running and stop people complaining on the forums of lack of support.

Here is the long story: I got A061 error. Ask b9 for support. They told me to replace electronics and cables so I did that. I paid for all the parts. This did not fix the issue! The Vivitek D535 is probably that problem but this projector is no longer on sale anywhere!

So I'm still left with a broken printer even tho I paid for replacement parts suggested by tech support. I asked many times for this issue to be solved and always get the same replies "reboot, click while printing, change your electronics". Nothing helped.

Finally can someone from b9 tell me: Why do you not listen to your users?
If more people reply to this thread maybe someone will finally notice and we will get a patch.

PLEASE add 'skip A061 check' in the b9creator host software. This is the only fix that will get my 1.1v printer working!

Matt
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:44 am

You can manually skip the A061 error on ALL B9Creator machines (1.0, 1.1, 1.2) by manually pressing the power button at the same time as hitting the create button (or step 3 during projector calibration). The A061 error is related to the RS232 cable from the projector. This signal lets the software know that the projector is on. This HAS to happen in order to print.

If you CANNOT manually bypass the error then that means that

1. The projector's RS232 port is not functioning correcly
2. The RS232 cable is not sending the signal
3. The PCB is not recieving the signal
4. The computer is not recieving the signal via USB

I personally have seen only 1 other machine that does not respond to manually bypassing the A061 error. If you have already tried different cables and PCB, my best recommendation is trying to use another computer to print with.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:49 pm

RE: The A061 error is related to the RS232 cable from the projector. This signal lets the software know that the projector is on. This HAS to happen in order to print.
this is the problem not the software.
Did you remove all the connections?????
Remove the cables and the power to both the printer and the projector disconnect all cables from the computer and the B9 with the computer off.
wait 10 minutes
reconnect all cables and power to printer and projector.
restart computer
now try it. If it is still showing the error then shut down the computer and wait 5minutes
turn it back on then press and hold the power button on the print and hit the create button or step 3 of the print process.
again this is a signal problem so if you have actually bought a new cable and replaced it then the computer's out put cable connection is bad.
That is why you should try a different computer.
Are you using a different computer than before you had this problem??
did you upgrade the software to windows 10???
what is different from before when the printer was printing??

Return to “General Discussion”