Core 530 file transfer

B9 Core Series - Ideas and Discussions
RobertW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Core 530 file transfer

Post#1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:36 pm

When I transfer print files from my flash drive to the Core 530 the first time after powering up then zip-boom-done in a few seconds. After running a file, it takes a very long time to transfer new files. I've gotten in the habit of restarting the printer before transferring files to it because I figure if it is struggling to simply transfer a file it is more likely to have a problem when running that file. Not a big problem, more like a minor annoyance. Has anyone else noticed this anomaly?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Core 530 file transfer

Post#2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:11 pm

RobertW wrote:When I transfer print files from my flash drive to the Core 530 the first time after powering up then zip-boom-done in a few seconds. After running a file, it takes a very long time to transfer new files. I've gotten in the habit of restarting the printer before transferring files to it because I figure if it is struggling to simply transfer a file it is more likely to have a problem when running that file. Not a big problem, more like a minor annoyance. Has anyone else noticed this anomaly?

Without the knowledge of the type of storage or computer processor being used I would have to say the delay in transfer is due to the size of the existing files already there. The processor will most likely operate the printer software at it's regular speed as it is probably dedicated to that programing during the print function. But as the storage files increase without a way to defrag it is probably searching for the spaces to file it and like your own computer if you defrag it the computer runs a bit faster as all the blocks are stacked and synced. like a toy box full of leggos defraging would take those laggos and stack them in order of type color and size to make more room.
So I wonder if there is a way to run a defrag and use indexing on it.
otherwise your going to have to delete files eventually to make room for more. It would be nice to be able to download them to an external drive or a thumb drive before deleting them all to start with a new empty file.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

RobertW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:26 pm

That is a reasonable assumption, Tim, but that's not it. It doesn't matter how many files it has previously stored in the library and it has been this way from Day 1. My library recently filled up and I did a full reset which emptied it. Even that has not affected this anomaly... it behaves the same way whether the library is empty or full.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Robert I would try a new thumb drive to see if the problem is there. Otherwise send to support portal here.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “General Discussion”