- Operation
- Troubleshooting
zaghadesign@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Warped prints peeling off plate

Post#1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Happy Holidays!
So my last few print have failed due to the right side peeling off the plate. I did a calibration print that shows the problem a little better. Length and width on all the cubes seem to be normal and if you look at the top of the warped blocks you'll notice they are level. I have also noticed the warped side feels less cured then the rest of the print. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thank you.
MZ
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (99.05 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
image4.JPG
image4.JPG (99.2 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (72.86 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
image3.JPG
image3.JPG (97.13 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Warped prints peeling off plate

Post#2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:35 am

The red platform is not 100% flat.... If you put the edge of a ruler diagonally across the platform, there will be a gap on the ends.
They have a new stainless platform that is much better .
You can add a folded piece of paper on that side of the platform, between the Platform and the black holder to push that side of the table down a bit and it should fix it.

zaghadesign@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 am

Thank you Metalcaster. I will check that and buy a new plate if that's the problem. I figured it was a software setting but you are probably right. I'll also try and re-calibrate the plate favoring the right side and see if that works because up until recently i haven't had any of these issues.

Aaron RMW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 pm

check to make sure there aren't dents in the alignment slots and washers. Sometimes that can happen and when you tighten the screws during alignment they slip into that groove. otherwise there are a lot of great tricks for making sure the table calibration is done well. paper slips under the corners to make sure the pressure is even when it's pressed on the PDMS, shims to adjust the known issue, all sorts of stuff. We had our aluminum block planed since it was uneven, and I currently use a small steel block to give it some extra weight when calibrating. Remember not to over-tighten.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Go ahead and get the stainless steel build table. Makes calibrating a snap.

All new v 1.2 printers come with it.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

zaghadesign@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Thank you Aaron RMW. I will try some of those techniques. My aluminum plate definitely has a very slight curve to it when put against a straight edge. And as always thank you Robert for your advice as well. i will be ordering my stainless steel plate asap:)

Return to “Software”