How to angle supports?

- Installation
- Operation
- Troubleshooting
kylerpiercings

How to angle supports?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Hello all, we're pretty new to the B9 (I'm also currently a solos user). My question is how to angle supports? Currently I can only get them to populate straight, so if I'm printing a ring the supports have to make contact with the inside of the shank.

joelh
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: How to angle supports?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Select the Support Field>Modify and select the base of the support using the left mouse select. You can then move the base.
Joel

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: How to angle supports?

Post#3 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:42 pm

In the support mode click on one of the supports it will turn white, then click on modify above or where it says add, delete, modify.
then you can click on the round base that should be larger at the base than the support itself and hold down the left mouse button and then you can move it around at an angle or even move it up into the inside of the ring or object you're supporting. You can also do this with the top of the support to move it where it needs to be if you added it to the wrong spot.
You can also right click any where including the support to see a list of options. If you select the support and right click it will give you several options as well based on the angle and such.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Return to “Software”