B9 1.2 resin sticking to the vat

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
Givengold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

B9 1.2 resin sticking to the vat

Post#1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 pm

My machine has been sitting for quite a while. When we used the cherry resin,the only issues that we ever had were support placement related. The machine always performed as designed. Once we switched to yellow, we began to have problems with incomplete grows. Things got so busy, that I just didn't have time to deal with it, so the machine sat for over a year. I have a rush job that I could not send to either of our regular casting houses due to the holiday, so I decided to come in on a day off and re-calibrate the B9.
I calibrated the build table, along with the grid at 30 Mi. I added yellow resin and attempted a calibration print. Very early on, I could see that the resin was sticking to the vat. I stopped the print and strained the resin. Thinking that I may have applied too much pressure to the build table when calibrating, I re-calibrated the table.
Still sticking. I let it go until complete, since I was at a loss for any other ideas. One side of the calibration print was partial, with triangles showing, but no posts. The other end was completely stuck to the floor of the vat.
What next? We are moving the store down the street and I would really like to take advantage of the investment that we have in this machine.
Thank you,
Dan

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: B9 1.2 resin sticking to the vat

Post#2 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:04 pm

Need to see your settings
Do you have it set for the yellow?
Why not set it back to the red and print it?
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Givengold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:14 pm

I did set the calibration print for yellow at 30. Once we move, I may try the red again.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:21 pm

If the vat has been sitting for a long time did it sit with resin in it covering the PDMS?
If so you may need to remove the resin and clean the vat with ISO and let the PDMS breathe or replace it and start fresh
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Givengold
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:48 pm

I spoke to Robert Howle. He recommended the stainless build table.

Return to “Hardware”