Vat racing back and forth

- Operation
- Troubleshooting
Roxx
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Vat racing back and forth

Post#1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Wondering if any one else has experienced the vat on a 1.2 machine just start running back and forth at a high rate of speed.

I finished up printing and since I won't be printing for a week or so, I covered my vat, shut the lid, put cloth and a large garbage bag over the b-9. I shut down my lap top. About 30 seconds later the vat started racing back and forth at a very high speeds. I unpacked all the coverings as quickly as possible, but at that point it had run over the sweeper and was jammed but the motor was still trying to move the vat. I ended up cutting all the power and it stopped. It is now plugged in and the vat stopped moving on is own. The build table and vat manually move using the toggle switches.

Now I am wounding if I created and damage to my machine and will I have problems in the future.

Jon

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Vat racing back and forth

Post#2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello Jon,

I have had that happened before. If you restart the B9 software then plug the 1.2 back to power you should be okay.
This happens when there is a disconnection from the software to the machine.
Hope this helps.

-Fernando
Red Door Distributions
www.reddoordistributions.com
619-564-6698

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Also dont' forget to check the photo sensor on the right (tells the machine that the vat is all the way to the right and controlls the x axis motor. If it gets resin in it this can happen. Use a small amount of ISO on a q tip and clean it.

The problem can be caused by both of these issues (one mentioned above by Fcort also).

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Roxx
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Robert and Fernando,

Thank you for your wisdom and incite. I will make sure to reboot my software before I connect and I will double check the Photo sensor and clean it.

Thanks again,

Jon

Return to “Hardware”