Stone in Place Casting with Yellow?

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 20-50 micron slice thickness
KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Stone in Place Casting with Yellow?

Post#1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:34 pm

Has anyone succeeded in stone in place casting with b9 yellow resin?

Is there an alteration to the burnout or investment to use?

looking into trying it by cutting out the seats in cad and trying to snap the stones into place in yellow

thanks in advance!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Stone in Place Casting with Yellow?

Post#2 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:14 pm

Thing about stone in place casting is to make sure the stones don't snap in but need some room for metal shrinkage/
then there is heat factors. I am burning out Green resins at 1450-1500 to get good clean castings. I have been very successful doing so
since I started with the B9 1.1 and casting 50/50 reds using and still using Satin Cast 20.

You will definitely need to us boric acid with your investment too. Without it the stone will be smoked!
search on this forum the word Boric for all the info we have previously discussed
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:43 pm

So for yellow it’s 1350 ... would Be too high not to burn out diamonds right ?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:18 pm

KBS756 wrote:So for yellow it’s 1350 ... would Be too high not to burn out diamonds right ?

I would use Boric Acid to protect the diamonds.
1350 might burn out yellow but I have not used yellow yet so I can't say either way.
I generally only have done cast in place with Satin Cast adding boric acid water and my top burnout was 1250 deg F.
using red wax not resins.
I have not tried casting stone in place with resin yet. I am not sure of anyone doing this yet, at least I have not seen
it mentioned here. You might search on the key word Stone in place to see other posts about it.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Return to “B9R-4-Yellow”