So, finally success. This post is for all those that may be experiencing the same problems as me. From the previous posts in this string you will see that B9R-3-emerald resin was not burning out properly. From other post and strings on this topic you will arrive at the same conclusion I did. Three factors seem responsible. Ventilation, Temperature and resin cure. If you are like me and have been burning out other resins without a problem and then when you start using emerald green and immediately have unusable results it can be quite frustrating. From the posts that address this issue it was hard to tell if their problem was solved or not. Helpful people, like Robert Howle and others tell what has always worked for them but the question is... Do they have better equipment? Is it the burnout oven? Is it the UV cure oven? Do I really need to drill holes in my oven? Do a need an expensive UV Box to obtain proper resin cure?
Here is what worked for me. Of the several things that I have changed to get these results I haven't yet tried excluding any of them to find out if they all are needed or if just one is the solution. If I get time I may experiment, but for the time being I am just happy to be back in production.
Here is what has worked for me, I have included some pictures of equipment for reference.
UV cure in a ziplock bag with 50/50 water glycerin,in UV box pictured for 8 min flip over and then 8 min again
Blow off excess glycerin from model.
Investing in R&R Ultra Vest per mixing instructions with tap water. Setup for 2 hours before putting in oven.
Presently, I do a 3 stage programmed burn out. 3.8 degree/min ramp to 300 degrees (resin bake cure stage, may be overkill)Hold for 4 hours
Max ramp (72 degrees F/ min) to 1450 degrees hold for 4 hours.
Ramp(25.5 degrees) to 900 degrees hold 2 hours to casting temp.
As pictured, per Robert Howle's suggestion I have raised the flasks off of the oven floor about 1.75 inches, I also prop the door for additional ventilation as opposed to drilling holes in the bottom of the oven, I put a small piece of ceramic about 1/2 inch thick under the door to hold it open.
I had previously tried the above 3 stage burn out at 1425 degree without the raised flasks,glycerin cure method,this rendered the bad casting pictured in this string earlier.
So for now I am getting usable casting that are near perfect. Any casting flaws I have been experiencing have been normal stuff easily repaired. The most flasks I have burned out at one time so far has been 3 small, As I said before, any one of these steps may be unnecessary but at this point, I don't have time to play around.
Hope this is helpful to someone.
Thanks to all those that helped me get here.
Robert, Sorry I didn't return your call, Thanks for being so willing to help!!!