Pewter molds and green resin models

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 30 - 70 micron slice thickness
Greg Miller
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Pewter molds and green resin models

Post#1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi...this is my first post even though we have had a B9creator since November 2016. I have 3 related questions.

#1- Can B9 green resin models be molded in pewter molds like Conley CL-1 black 9 inch disks?

#2 - Can anyone suggest a company that will make pewter spin casting molds (in house) with B9 green resin?

I am not referring to RTV or Castaldo rubber. I talking about round white metal spin casting molds.

#3 - Also can someone share a link to the specs for the B9 green resin?

Thanks,
Greg Miller
Vancouver

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Pewter molds and green resin models

Post#2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Google is your friend.

http://www.cccrow.com/how-2/metal.html

Just one to start with. They should be able to tell u about temps the resin will have to take. I have made molds at 325F (vulcanized castaldo products) using the B9 emerald.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Greg Miller
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 am

Thanks for your reply Robert and your link.

I have been making molds and models of all descriptions for nearly 40 years. I'm starting to suffer from O.L.D and would like to farm the pewter mold work out.

I am simply looking for a company familiar with B9 green resin that provides a service making spin casting molds. My online search included this forum. I found a company in Rhode Island called D & D Casting and they requested the specs on the green resin so that is a start?

Thanks again.....G

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Hi Greg,
I received your email at Racecar Jewelry... I just have about 10 quotations in front of yours and then I can reply to your email.
Best wishes,
Daniel Grandi

Return to “B9R-3-Emerald”