Emerald - Can Be Left In VAT?

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 30 - 70 micron slice thickness
forscotland
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Emerald - Can Be Left In VAT?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:57 am

Hello All,

I am ready to purchase new resin but have a question about Emerald. I'm not a frequent printer and only print every so often. I've been using the 1:1 Cherry/Red mix and obviously remove, replace, and mix every time. With the Emerald, can it just be left in the VAT in between prints, including extended amounts of time? I know it doesn't settle like the red resins do, but are there any other drawbacks to doing this?

Respectfully,
Tony

Stephen Attaway
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Emerald - Can Be Left In VAT?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 am

I have had no problem leaving Red/Cherry 1:1 mix in the vat, even for one to two weeks at a time. I use a rubber spatula to mix the resin before printing. I mix for a few minutes making sure to wipe the PMDS and the deep part of the vat with the spatula. When the resin is uniform in color, I start printing.

The only problem with leaving the resin in the vat all the time is making sure that the PMDS is not fogged. To see if the resin is fogged, I use the toggle switch to move the tray over the projector lamp and use the spatula to wipe the resin so that I can see through the tray. I don't turn on the project for this process. I just rely on room light to look for fogging.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 pm

The emerald and yellow resin do not have solid pigment so the only thing u will see if left in vat or bottle is stratification (layering) of the components. Just a little stir with a spatula or credit card works fine.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

ckl81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:45 pm

I left my Emerald in the vat,just stir its up when you are ready to print another batch like robert mention above.

forscotland
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Perfect! Thank you all...

Tony

Return to “B9R-3-Emerald”