printing with green resin

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 30 - 70 micron slice thickness
786malayka@gmail.com

Re: printing with green resin

Post#21 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:09 am

hi
i got my new b9 1.2 printer using emerald resin, i have set my msm to 1.65 on 50 microns calibration getting good print but for thick supports like .3 mm its not perfect can i increase more msm to get better supports print what is actually msm if it is high my friend getting good prints on same specifications on .8 msm .
also have some scractches on the surface of the print can any one advice me what is the reason might be for the scratches .
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2017-03-20 at 7.52.44 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-03-20 at 7.52.44 PM (1).jpeg

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#22 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:44 pm

All projectors have different output. This is the reason for MSM (machine specific multiplier). "Scratches" before or after cleaning.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#23 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:30 am

for a new Machine, an MSN of 1.65 seems to be very high. I suggest you do a calibration print and post clean pictures of the print so we can see and help you get your machine running correctly.

786malayka@gmail.com

Post#24 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:19 pm

sorry for disappearing was busy understanding the machine does lot of work around will post things with in a day or 2. mean while have a question what does normalisation slope function if increase or decrease ? also was reading one of forum discussion u were suggesting to some one that if using matrix software we have to increase object dimension by using f4 function and some settings in machine (actually i dont understands machine part) to get actuall dimensions can u explain it again for me please . i just increase msm to 1.9 getting better prints less then this msm i m getting prints they are looking like very soft and jelly type but details are there and size is little smaller as well gaudge but with higher msm its far better in details as well sharp edges .now my machine is on 43rd hour .

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#25 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Most everyone scales their CAD models before exporting as .stl. On most items I scale from 3d from F4 at 1.015 (1.5%)

Heavy pieces from F4 scale at 1.03 (3%). Dont' keep raising the MSM to get accurate finger sizes or measurements. There is shrinkage in printing and curing.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#26 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:46 pm

After many prints with green and yellow i can say that the quality is not so sharp and surface is rough sometimes. People on forum will disagree specially those who sell b9 products. I have same problem i thought it was because i had preordered the first batch of green and yellow and maybe the formula has been fixed but after ordering again same problems. I had about 630 hrs of print time when i first started using them and now i am at 912 hours and evrrythig is dialed in .. perfect test prints ... new resin ..resin is well mixed before each print and i have a system for storing my red aluminum vats in a airtight lightproof box after each use. I print cherry when i will do a mold of 3d print and i use yellow or green vats if im casting . So im always changing vats...
green and yellow have a roughness to them every time or so depends on model shape or just luck.. they can always blame it on projector lamp bieng diff from model to model but in the end if you find the right settings for your printer they work fine.
My advice is try not going over 1.4 msn or less than 1 and store your vat inside airtight box lightproof also.
cherry will always print well and casting will come out nice if you know what your doing.

Return to “B9R-3-Emerald”