B9R 3 EMERALD and ANYCUBIC PHOTON S

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 30 - 70 micron slice thickness
CarlottasJewelry
Lurker
Lurker

B9R 3 EMERALD and ANYCUBIC PHOTON S

Post#1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:39 am

Hello, I´m trying to print a pendant with ANYCUBIC PHOTON S printer and 39BR EMERALD resin. I´m trying introducing different settings. The only one that it was some resin stuck to the FEP (first times it was all suck on the FEP and nothing on the platform),was next settings, but I only have got the bottom and the supports... and they aren´t of good resolution..

0,03 layer thikness
12 esposure time
0 off time
100 bottom exposure time
4 bottom layers

The machine is good calibrated and clean.
The FEP is only used twice before (both printing tests made yesterday) so is new and good calibrated too.
The pendrive is new and of a good brand.
I´m working with Photon Wokshop Slicer. I also have instaled Chitubox.
The piece is straight, not inclined 45· and on the centre of the FEP.
In settings where you can choose the resin, i put BASIC. Only for the reason that trying i founded this combination that gives some result.. but I don´t know if i had to choose the DENTAL CASTABLE resin..
In antilazing i have from one to 5 to choose, i put 1 but the same i dont know if i had to change the value.

Im a Jeweller and i have knowledge about 3d modelling with Rhinoceros and I´m turnig sad because I´m 9 days only trying to print and i need it to work. Please help me with the parameters/settings with Photon S and B9R 3 EMERALD resin.

Thank you so much.
Attachments
IMG_20201017_172354.jpg

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: B9R 3 EMERALD and ANYCUBIC PHOTON S

Post#2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:07 am

A photo of the failed print would be helpful to diagnose your issue.
Try doubling the exposure time. 12 ->24 and see if that makes any improvement.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#3 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Can you actually print this item using the photon resin that came with it?
This model could print on a B9Core in about 30 to 45 min.
on a photon I would be 2.5 hrs or more.

I have a photon I bought several years ago just for the heck of it. I could not get the B9 resin to print a model.
You would be better off time wise to either send the model to someone in your area to print on an actual B9 printer or
You could use the resin recommended by the photon for casting. Also you might inquire at one of the Photon Face book pages
to find out if anyone there has been successful using B9 Green.

Another option would be to print is using the Photon resin and make a mold of the print then shoot a wax and cast from wax
You might want to 3d scale up the model in Rhino from F4 by 1.015 to compensate for shrinkage if the measurements are critical to a design
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Yes, Like AK says. Print, mold, shoot wax, and cast, if u can't get the green to work.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “B9R-3-Emerald”