MSM Setting for Black without UV Filter

A general purpose resin tuned for 20 - 200 micron slice thickness
Benjamin

MSM Setting for Black without UV Filter

Post#1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Hello,
my name is Benjamin, im a owner of a B9 1.1 Kickstarter Kit, printer is running, got it from a backer this week.

Beamer is the original Vivitek, with now 80 lamp hours ( seems was not used really ).

Now i printed in red on 70 - 100 microns in Z and 100 XY, first tests.. you know :)

Now my question, i think about change to black, because its more important for me to get fast prints, no need for casting!
Im also thinking about remove the uv filter, made this already on a second vivitek i have for spare.

What is the Machine MSM you would suggest for first tests for this setup?

0.1? I hope for real fast prints... :) Will post pictures as soon as its up and running!

Best regards
Benjamin

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: MSM Setting for Black without UV Filter

Post#2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:34 pm

The software has default settings for the black at all resolutions and slice thicnesses that are recommended.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#3 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:26 pm

If you pull the UV filter from the lamp housing on the D535 (v1.1) be sure to replace it with a UV pass filter or the heat will damage the internal filter.

Without the UV filter, MSM of .3 is a good starting point, then work lower until prints fail.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Benjamin

Post#4 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Thank you very much for the really fast answer!

I have seen my spare vivitek is a different model, now need to rewrite the firmware -.-

Will order black now from a european reseller and give u a update when i have first pictures :)

Thanks again!

Regards
Benjamin

Destootoo
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi mike I have just purchased the 1.1 booster set from you. I use 1:1 cherry/red at 50xy 31.75z, I use complete default settings on latest ver. of software and get good results but obviously I want to go faster. When I get my new bofalt glass what msm should I start with?

Also is there anything else I can do to speed up prints on my v1.1

Thanks Eliot

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#6 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Anyone know if we are supposed to adjust the MSM settings each time we change the pdms? Or is this it just a one time thing when we change resins or when the projector gets weaker?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#7 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:43 pm

MSM only needs changing if you change resins usually. Each resin cures a little differently and the settings in the software adjusts for each one and the slice thickness chosen and xy resolution (also does lamp aging). I Have found that I had to tweek the MSM up when going from the 1:1 mix to green and yellow.

Changing vats or PDMS has not required me to make changes to MSM when staying with the same resin.

When u go to a new resin I suggest a calibration print to adjust MSM if needed. Fade, Balance, and slope are a one time thing, unless u change lamps or lamp assembly.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “B9R-2-Black”