The B9 Core Series is coming...

Official news and updates
d.cole

Re: The B9 Core Series is coming...

Post#61 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:49 am

I am going to be kicking down the door at AGTA to see this! I wish I knew pricing now but it's only 10 days away. See you then!

Congrats on the new product launch.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#62 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:01 am

Forgot to mention the flexibility of 30, 50, and 70 xy. That's the main reason I will be running both machines.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

PandaP
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#63 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:33 am

It's my first time going to Tucson this year, and you can bet I'll be at your booth! I noticed you guys will be at multiple booths (AGTA and JCK) at Tucson, Mike will you be there? I'll be at the AGTA show and would be great to say hi!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#64 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:04 am

I wish I could be there but I'll be swamped with making sure everything production related gets kicked off smooth here.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

PandaP
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#65 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:22 am

mikej wrote:I wish I could be there but I'll be swamped with making sure everything production related gets kicked off smooth here.

No worries, I completely understand!

Alfonso
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#66 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Robert Howle wrote:Alfonso the v1.2 is here to stay. There will be 2 choices now. Don't worry about the support or anything else to do with your 1.2. I still have mine and will continue to use it and support all of the users as will the company.

I am sure Mike will continue to do all he can to improve the 1.2 if possible. He has been deep in R&D to finish the Core machine. Give the company a chance to finish the launch of the new machine and then we will all move forward together with both the v1.2 and the Core series. When I was at the factory I saw quite a back stock of v1.2 machines and projectors and spare parts. Not to worry.

mikej wrote:We will continue to sell and support the v1.2, in some ways it is more flexible than the new machine (able to be calibrated to three different resolutions, users can modify the hardware, etc.)

You can expect us to continue to improve the v1.2 software and perhaps the vat and other hardware as we are able.

The software for the new series is similar to v1.2, but of course is not required to be running (connected) while printing. It's different enough internally that it is not compatible with the v1.2 and vice versa so each will have their own supporting software suite for the foreseeable future.

Robert and Mike

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.
I remain calm with the clarification and hope that in the future we will see some improvement in our b9
I for my part am happy with my b9, although we are still meeting :D
And at the same time I feel a little jealous of those who will have the new core series
Good luck with the new printers!

Regards

Alfonso
Spain

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#67 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Robert Howle wrote:The official release date for the new Core series is actually Jan 31st. One of the reasons for the early promotion is just to let everyone know that a new unit is coming out. There are quite a few jewelers and others trying to make a final decission on which printer to purchase. There would certainly be angry buyers that made the purchase one week before this option was made public. Not that they would have purchased the new machine, but that they didn't even have the knowlege that it would be available to consider.

A date had to be selected that worked for all the world wide dealers. After all we just got back from the B9 headquarters and many have to get back to their home countries and "learn" all about the new machine in order to deal with questions, samples, etc.. The printer market is worldwide, and everyone at B9 wants all release of info done worldwide at the same time. Many of the dealers in the network have to make a considerable investment in order for their "launches" to be sucessful. With testing being completed (exhaustive if u know Mike) and assembly of units for release, training of the dealer network, and logistics for preparing for Tuscon, I'm sure some understanding of the "tease" could be appreciated. You want to generate interest and anticipation for a new product, but at the same time give information as to capabilites. Mike has done so much to improve the 3d printer and package it into an affordable machine, that I think some consideration should be given. I know I am seen as biased, but believe me I only want the best for all B9 users and Mike and his great crew at the factory (they are having to expand staff and train them too).

As soon as a price is given the phones will light up and u will not be ready to deal with the questions, requests for sample prints, etc., unless everything is in place. Just asking for a little patience.

Hope I haven't said anythin here that Mike doesn't approve of. My appologies in advace.

My Best,
Robert

Thanks Robert,
your input in all areas of the B9 since you have first bought one has been invaluable and everyone on B9 and other forums always benefit from your experience and selfless sharing of information.

Mike has always been transparent when it comes to his printers and software almost to a fault but always keeping to his "Core" mission and belief, which we sometimes take for granted. Other companies could learn from his example.

Thus I think the name B9 "Core" exemplifies his and his companies values.

I lack patience sometimes with all the things we have experienced in the past with software and hardware purchases.

Your a good if not the best representative the company could have.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#68 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Man, it is great to so many of you excited about what is about to be launched. I am very happy to be a part of a company that has listened to it's customers. I know you will all be very happy about all the new features of the Core Series.
As Robert has mentioned, the 1.2 is still going strong and still going to be around. Thank you all for your contributions to this community, it's so great to see so many familiar people on here still going strong with B9.

I look forward to hear what you all think about the new Core Series.

It has been posted on here before that we will be at 2 shows in Tucson. JCK Tucson and AGTA Tucson, I will post our booth numbers on here so you can stop by and see it live! I am looking forward to getting to meet some of you and put a face to a name. See you guys soon.

Best,
Fernando Cortes
Red Door Distributions
www.reddoordistributions.com
619-564-6698

Ithril
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#69 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:33 pm

One of the things I've heard so much is that "The B9 machine is a hobby machine, and not 'professional grade' for jewelry production".
Is that because the 1.2 has an unassembled option? Is it because there are users serviceable parts 'under the hood' what is their definition of 'professional grade'?

I would like to know, because from what I can see, this appears to be exactly what they were afraid of. With the Core Series, it appears they won't be able to exclude the B9 from comparisons to their 'Professional' grade machines.

Congratulations Mike. You have a lot to be proud of.

I

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#70 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Ithril wrote:One of the things I've heard so much is that "The B9 machine is a hobby machine, and not 'professional grade' for jewelry production".
Is that because the 1.2 has an unassembled option? Is it because there are users serviceable parts 'under the hood' what is their definition of 'professional grade'?

I would like to know, because from what I can see, this appears to be exactly what they were afraid of. With the Core Series, it appears they won't be able to exclude the B9 from comparisons to their 'Professional' grade machines.

I

Hello, The 1.2 is no longer available as a assembled KIT. It started out as that but now this is only sold as an Assembled unit. As you can see by the jewelry that is posted on here it can produce repeatable accurate prints easily. But some people think back to when they first saw the b9 1.0-1.2.

I can say with confidence that the Core Series is going to turn this perception upside down. This is now a professional grade quality machine aimed to achieve production quality models very quickly with minimal effort. You are right in that Core Series will now be a big contender for those that require simplicity, speed, quality and value.

Mike has really put in a ton of work and it is great to be a part of this Core Series Launch.

Best,
Fernando Cortes
Red Door Distributions
619-564-6698

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#71 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:58 pm

I think when people say 'professional grade' they mean it can run right out of the box, run into no issues or calibration issues, print consistently, in large numbers and high quality prints. Truth is I dont think there is a single machine out there right now that meets all the demands 100% of the time. There is always a human factor, how well one understands the ins and outs of a machine, can operate the machine and make adjustments. Even 50k machines have issues and youre paying thousands in maintenance and support for those machines. You might as well hire someone to operate your printer.

Ithril wrote:One of the things I've heard so much is that "The B9 machine is a hobby machine, and not 'professional grade' for jewelry production".

I
Last edited by perpetual_dreamer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#72 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:13 pm

perpetual_dreamer wrote:I think when people say 'professional grade' they mean it can run right out of the box, run into no issues or calibration issues, print consistently, in large numbers and high quality prints. Truth is I dont think there is a single machine out there right now that meets all the demands 100% of the time. There is always a human factor, how well one understands the ins and outs of a machine, can operate the machine and make adjustments. Even 50k machines have issues and youre paying thousands in maintenance and support for those machines. You might as well hire someone to operate your printer.

It seems like the B9 Core was made to adress many of those issues while not costing an arm and leg. Will have to see what it costs to own a Core :)

I

Your 100% right about what people think a " Production grade" machine can do. Once you see a demo of how easy it is to right out of the box you will be presently surprised. Once the price is announce you will know that this machine is a game changer as advertised. Production, Speed and Value.

There will always be Human error either in designing a model incorrectly or operating the machine. But sounds like this machine makes it very hard to operate incorrectly.
Red Door Distributions
619-564-6698

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#73 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Some comparison charts:
B9 Core 530 - Compare Table.JPG

B9 Core 550 - Compare Table.JPG

:D
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#74 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:58 pm

There is the cost! :D

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#75 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:13 pm

TAJS wrote:There is the cost! :D

here's a video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wTzU8kgr-c

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#76 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:35 pm

Looking forward to close up photos of prints from the two printers for comparison.
Last edited by perpetual_dreamer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#77 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:42 pm

TAJS wrote:There is the cost! :D

$9,995.00

PandaP
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#78 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:53 pm

$9,995?! Are you mental?! I thought for sure it would be over 10k! BEAUTIFUL.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#79 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:17 pm

PandaP wrote:$9,995?! Are you mental?! I thought for sure it would be over 10k! BEAUTIFUL.

We loose a little on each sale, but we'll make it up in volume. :shock: :lol:
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#80 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:38 pm

The print quality is great and the speed is crazy fast. Truly plug and play tech. Congratulations to Mike and the gang, again.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Official News and Updates”