The B9 Core Series is coming...

Official news and updates
perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Re: The B9 Core Series is coming...

Post#41 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:45 pm

akgold wrote:I like the fact that you kept the shape as well as keeping it neat and clean.
can you give us a footprint dimension??

Can you post pictures of prints by the new machine possibly comparative side by side photos of new core prints and b91.2 prints.

Wait if this machine is:
"not a hobby machine to tinker with (v1.2 is still available for that fun)
There are no user serviceable parts inside and no calibrations to perform.
All that said, it should save time and money (no lamps or vats to replace). If you take care of the two included vats and they should last a very long time."

What will we talk about on the forum ??
LOL

i think more details are in here http://www.b9c.com/assets/media/files/mjsa-spread.pdf
Last edited by perpetual_dreamer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lobby
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#42 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 pm

I need a popcorn smilie (while waiting for pricing info).

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#43 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:42 pm

All final info (pricing etc. will come soon). Have to be patient.

Will be offering sample prints soon. Will keep u posted on the time that samples will be available for printing.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

ujd24k

Post#44 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Robert Howle wrote:All final info (pricing etc. will come soon). Have to be patient.

Will be offering sample prints soon. Will keep u posted on the time that samples will be available for printing.

Robert Howle

How soon??? like in 5 more minutes?
or less? or a little bit more?
The samples are printing right now? if you start to print something can you post the picture like in 45 minutes or a little bit sooner :roll:

Ithril
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#45 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:21 pm

https://youtu.be/4NwP3wes4M8

And that's all I can say.

I

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#46 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Matt says " Hey Everyone, I know you are all asking about pricing details. I wanted to let you know that full pricing details will be released on January 31st at the AGTA Gem Fair in Tucson, and JCKTU. Check back on the website for more details at that time."

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6192
The announcement is locked so I will comment here.

Well that sucks I would think that at least current owners and obvious supporters would be able to see a price and even be allowed pre-order or order them.

I am not going to the show. How many of us will be there????

I just don't understand the wisdom of even releasing any info what so ever before the 31st if this is the case.

Hype it all up for the last week and what do we have a picture and specs.

I want to know how much it is.
Sorry for the rant but it is just frustrating. Gem Vision owners know this all too well.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#47 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:36 pm

What a joke....

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#48 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:17 pm

The official release date for the new Core series is actually Jan 31st. One of the reasons for the early promotion is just to let everyone know that a new unit is coming out. There are quite a few jewelers and others trying to make a final decission on which printer to purchase. There would certainly be angry buyers that made the purchase one week before this option was made public. Not that they would have purchased the new machine, but that they didn't even have the knowlege that it would be available to consider.

A date had to be selected that worked for all the world wide dealers. After all we just got back from the B9 headquarters and many have to get back to their home countries and "learn" all about the new machine in order to deal with questions, samples, etc.. The printer market is worldwide, and everyone at B9 wants all release of info done worldwide at the same time. Many of the dealers in the network have to make a considerable investment in order for their "launches" to be sucessful. With testing being completed (exhaustive if u know Mike) and assembly of units for release, training of the dealer network, and logistics for preparing for Tuscon, I'm sure some understanding of the "tease" could be appreciated. You want to generate interest and anticipation for a new product, but at the same time give information as to capabilites. Mike has done so much to improve the 3d printer and package it into an affordable machine, that I think some consideration should be given. I know I am seen as biased, but believe me I only want the best for all B9 users and Mike and his great crew at the factory (they are having to expand staff and train them too).

As soon as a price is given the phones will light up and u will not be ready to deal with the questions, requests for sample prints, etc., unless everything is in place. Just asking for a little patience.

Hope I haven't said anythin here that Mike doesn't approve of. My appologies in advace.

My Best,
Robert

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#49 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:21 pm

well.. Good to know.
Last edited by perpetual_dreamer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#50 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:21 pm

That is the main reason I mentioned a date.

Robert Howle

baldiero
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#51 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Great news!!
I look foward to see it.

Anyway I don't know if it's right here. But I hope the V1.2 will also develop an upgrade kit for no more PDMS.;)

ujd24k

Post#52 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:40 pm

baldiero wrote:Great news!!
I look foward to see it.

Anyway I don't know if it's right here. But I hope the V1.2 will also develop an upgrade kit for no more PDMS.;)

That will be the next best thing for the B9 1.2 users , no more PDMS to deal with :cry:

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#53 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:48 pm

It's been all out Core machines for MIke for quite some time. He is all about R&D so if he thinks it can be done I'm sure he will give it a shot. Just give him time to let us know if it's even something that is possible.

Mike always listens to his supporters. The new Core machine is proof of that.

Robert

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#54 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Please don't take this wrong but if this announcement for today is tied to showing the New Core in France won't the French want to know how much at the show? If so what is stopping a french show goer from sharing the price in France with U.S. Jewelers?

I knew I should have made it to that French show I just didn't want to miss all the 50 Below zero here at home.

The International Fine, Fashion Jewellery and & Watches Show

Date: January 20-23, 2017

Booth: K13
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#55 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:50 pm

No release anywhere until MJSA Jan 31st. European show for release is in Germany. They will already know about price by then.

Robert

pjoter
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#56 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:50 pm

See you in Germany then. Can't wait :) Peter

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#57 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:55 pm

Here are the "tour" shows and dates. Go to top of page "3d pinters" > "core series" > "world tour" If u scroll down to go to the spread in MJSA magazine. All the print specs are there. Price later as previously stated.

http://www.b9c.com/contact/trade-shows-events

Alfonso
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#58 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:53 am

Hello
It seems a very good machine and I sincerely congratulate the team.
Although for my part I am worried since I only have the b9 for 3 months, it is a shame I would have waited for the new one.
But, I knew perfectly well that sooner or later a new printer would appear, its the natural evolution of any company.
My concern now is, will you follow the development of the b9 printer and its software?
For example introducing also for the b9 the new vat Duravat?
Or today has ended the history of b9 1.2?
In the other hand, will the supply of spare parts be maintained over time?
Projectors, motors, resin vats, circuits etc.
Thank you
And good look with the new Core Series
Alfonso
Spain

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#59 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:03 am

Alfonso the v1.2 is here to stay. There will be 2 choices now. Don't worry about the support or anything else to do with your 1.2. I still have mine and will continue to use it and support all of the users as will the company.

I am sure Mike will continue to do all he can to improve the 1.2 if possible. He has been deep in R&D to finish the Core machine. Give the company a chance to finish the launch of the new machine and then we will all move forward together with both the v1.2 and the Core series. When I was at the factory I saw quite a back stock of v1.2 machines and projectors and spare parts. Not to worry.

Robert Howle

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#60 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:05 am

Alfonso wrote:My concern now is, will you follow the development of the b9 printer and its software?
For example introducing also for the b9 the new vat Duravat?
Or today has ended the history of b9 1.2?
In the other hand, will the supply of spare parts be maintained over time?

We will continue to sell and support the v1.2, in some ways it is more flexible than the new machine (able to be calibrated to three different resolutions, users can modify the hardware, etc.)

You can expect us to continue to improve the v1.2 software and perhaps the vat and other hardware as we are able.

The software for the new series is similar to v1.2, but of course is not required to be running (connected) while printing. It's different enough internally that it is not compatible with the v1.2 and vice versa so each will have their own supporting software suite for the foreseeable future.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Return to “Official News and Updates”