The B9 Core Series is coming...

Official news and updates
perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Re: The B9 Core Series is coming...

Post#81 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Yes, congrats to Mike and the team! :)
Last edited by perpetual_dreamer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#82 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Robert Howle wrote:The print quality is great and the speed is crazy fast. Truly plug and play tech. Congratulations to Mike and the gang, again.

Robert Howle

Ditto
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#83 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:15 am

All information on the new Core Series is available now. Anything u can't find with regards to info, just ask.

My Best,

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#84 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:26 am

Is there a promo price?
Last edited by perpetual_dreamer on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stephen Attaway
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#85 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:51 am

Can someone provide more information on the new $990 DuraVat for the B9 Core? It sounds like one tough vat if it can survive 600 prints without degrading.

Does the B9 Core have a sweeper?

How does the B9 Core parts release from the vat? Is it still a slide or is it a peal/tilt action?

Is there a video of the B9 Core in action?

Thanks,
Steve

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#86 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:28 am

The vat is much larger and there is no movement. The vat has a new proprietary coating. To the best of my knowledge the Duravat has not degraded due to priting since developed. Off course with anything u can physically damage it with improper use.

There is no sweeper. Only moving part is the z motor slide to raise the build table.

Robert Howle

andreas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#87 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Guys its really bad to still read posts with CUSTOMERS struggling to correctly operate the 1.2 machine
or having issues with build tables,or z-banding or guys (like my self) still searching for aluminum vats ,
cause simply they are better than the plastic ones and not have an upgrade kit for all the "thousands" 1.2 users out there ..
instead the B9 team chose to characterize the 1.2 as a " hobby" kit and move on to "professional grade" machine..

By the way i do not remember you mentioning that this is a "hobby " kit when i bought it .

Anyway now regarding the new Core 530 ,
as a potential customer i requested some more info from a European supplier and they simply gave me the same info that is here.
in my opinion this is not enough for me to decide and spend 12000 euros like this ..
we need more info and detail videos of all the parts and operations to help us choose..

to give you an example ,
at the European seller site it says under the Technical Specifications for the Core 530 that
Advertised Manufacturer Speed (mm/s)40 - 120+ mm/h

What does this mean??it sounds misleading..
we need to know exactly the speed..
also i am reading for 950$ Dura Vats..i dont have a clue what this is..

can someone from the official B9 team respect our intelligence
and inform us by showing detailed videos or photos ??

Andreas

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#88 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:35 pm

The v1.2 is certainly a machine for professionals as well as hobbyist. After all over 60% of the units in use are professional jewelers and dental labs, etc.

The core series was developed for higher output volume, plug and play use, and to be stand alone. If u notice the xy resolution has not changed. Listening to all the input from current B9 users is what brought this about. Mike has incorporated nearly everything that was wanted in a upgraded machine.

There is no intent to not support or continue to improve the v1.2 HD machine if it is possible with upgrades to software of possibly even the vats.

The Euro dealers were only allowed to post all info as of today.

The Duravat is the new proprietary coated vat that does not fog with use. Guaranteed to last 660 hrs or 1yr. It will prob last longer. No one knows that yet. Hasnt' been in use long enough to know how long it will last. The coating is very expensive to produce and the vat is 2x the size if not larger and heavily constructed. No clear poly material, a brand new heavy material.

The reason for the range of print speeds it due to resin chosen and slice thickness and model geometry. I personally saw a 5.5 inch tall, full build table, at 50xy, print in 31 min. That is even faster than what is stated in the tech sheets. The print was done with a new, not fully developed, prototyping resin. If they were trying to mislead they could have used that speed in their advertising (speeds I witnessed was up to 155-160mm pr hr).

I hope this helps. If u have other questions, I will answer or get an answer from Mike himself.

Robert Howle

Ithril
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#89 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:37 pm

ok, I've got a question.

I see in the description of the B9 Core machines that they are capable of printing at 10 micron. I see also that they come with a bottle of Emerald resin. I don't see that any of the resins are rated for a print layer of only 10 microns. I see yellow is rated for double that.
So my conclusion is that whatever technology is in the Core machines is a bit better at curing the resin ( ? ) and that my 1.2 machine (still) won't print reliably at that resolution?

Thanks
I

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#90 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:58 pm

In the new Core series the software has some differences. All files are sliced at 10 microns because all resin settings in the machine's software ( are done in multiples of 10 Microns). The machine will store, as of now, 100 files, layed out, supported, and sliced. So when u choose a resin the print options for z thickness are multiples of 10. Mike has done the testing for best results with each resin. Best I can remember the green for instance has three z slice choices. printing at 10 microns only increases build times and the net result is not really an improvement in print quality.

In the current software for the v1.2 and v1.1 you choose the slice thickness at the time u slice, but if u decided to print a prototype at a thicker z in order to get a model to show really fast u would have to reslice for that. In the Core series just pick the stored and sliced layout file and print at your chosen z thickness for any of the three resins (Mike has selected and tested the best z thickness for each of the resins with multiple options for each).

Hope this helps. If u need additional info or clarification, just let me know.

Robert Howle

Archimedes
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#91 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:15 pm

The new machines look very interesting, but I have a few of questions:

1) Does the software allow for custom settings for using third party resins and modifications to B9 resins (such as adding additional pigment)?

2) How does wear occur on the DuraVat? With PDMS, it is generally a function of number of hours and solidity of the print that fog the coating, rather than number of prints. It sounds like for the DuraVat the issue is number of prints.

3) What is the expected life of the new LED light engine?

4) Are there any types of models/features that the light engine/DuraVat combination has more trouble with than the B9C v1.2? I print models with very slender and delicate features, and I would want to ensure that these would not be a problem before I considered a purchase.

5) Is the "Enable Bleed Corrections" checkbox still present in the Pre-Print dialog of the new printer software, to allow users to disable this feature when needed?

Thanks,

Tom

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#92 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:28 pm

There is no fogging issue with the duravat, it's about physical damage by the user. They are giving the 1 yr warranty against degredation of the surface. The vat has been tested to know that it should last at least 1yr (Mike is very conservative when it comes to estimating hrs of use, which is now at 660 hrs of use not number of prints.)

The industrial light engine lamp has a 100,000 hrs live expectancy. Even at 50,000 hrs, how many yrs is that, u can do the math.

Because there is no x movement, small delicate details should not be an issue. The xy resolution is at 30 or 50 depending on the machine, so resolution of the print is even smoother because the calibration is done at the factory and there is no margine of error caused by user zoom or focus adjustments. The new machine and software assures that every pixel recieves the same amount of light energy at every point in the build area.

Havent' downloaded the software yet to answer the "bleed correction" question.

Ask at support@b9c.com

Robert Howle

mmasooda
Lurker
Lurker

Post#93 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:07 am

You are comparing B9 Core with Asiga, MiiCRAFT and other machines. I got printed one sample on Asiga and they print it with very minimal supports just at the base for a jewelry ring having big flower on its head for Castable resin print?? Something similar to this one http://www.ackuretta.com/photo-gallery/ ... ousel-1876 ??? Can we do the same with B9 Core 530??

Biggest problem we have to post processing. Have you incorporated some kind alogorithm to cure less the supports so that they come out easily as Envisiontech does??

Can I send sample to see the result?? Is yes what is the email ID??

Matt
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#94 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 am

The supports will be essentially the same as they are in the current software. Similar to the supports in the pictures you linked. They are the same material cured the same as other parts of the model, but they snap off very easily and by changing the tip you can choose what kind of break you get when you snap them off.

Sample requests can be sent to info@b9c.com but we will also have many more pictures and details coming here to the website shortly.

In reference to Tom, with the new light engine and software to go along with it, the option for the bleed correction (along with many other options) is no longer needed.

Return to “Official News and Updates”