Model cure questions

Official news and updates
perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Re: Model cure questions

Post#21 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Very nice.. I'll have to save up for one of these. I currently use a nail curing UV lamp and usually leave prints in there for 5 to 6 hours minimum just to be 100% sure its properly cured. This unit will be a huge time saver.

Are there any distributors in Canada btw?

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#22 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:54 pm

A quick question.
Considering the depth of color between green, Reds, and Black
is there any difference in length of time to cure the different
resins?
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#23 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:14 pm

I am pretty sure that all the resins cure at the same rate. I only tested green curing. If there was a difference I'm sure it would have been noted.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#24 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:11 pm

Robert Howle wrote:I am pretty sure that all the resins cure at the same rate. I only tested green curing. If there was a difference I'm sure it would have been noted.

Robert

Does this work for other Resins such as Formlabs Castable... Or Makerjuice Waxcast?

Is the curing time significantly increased if not cured in water? (Supposedly Makerjuice Waxcast has some water soluble components)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#25 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:49 pm

U don't have to use the water. It does speed cuing of the suface in particular. I am sure the model cure should work on most or all DlP resins.

I'll make u a deal. If u purchase from me and it wont' significantly reduce your curing time, I'll take it back (less the postage)

Robert Howle

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#26 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:02 pm

It should affect all resins, but the resin it will affect most is the resin that cures closest to the NM output of the machine. So if all B 9 materials are designed to cure quickly at 405nm and the box is 405nm those would cure fastest. I am not sure what the curing range is of the Unit. If I am wrong, please correct me... thats just how I understand the process.
Ok Robert, Send me a Bill ... Sold one to RaceCar :-)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#27 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Ok Daniel.

The output of the LED array is 390 to 410 nm.

Robert

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#28 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Thats perfect for the B9 materials. Can't wait to use it!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#29 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:01 am

Forgot to meniton with regards to the water soluable resin question above. I did testing using mineral oil instead of water and got the same results with curing times. Might work for your resin assuming the wave length works for your photopolymer.

Again, I'll take it back if it doesn't save u hrs per day.

Robert

KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#30 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:18 am

How many items at a time can you cure or is it a 1 by 1 thing so every piece gets exposure

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#31 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:02 pm

U can put as many pieces in the "bowl" as it will hold. U can put a full build table of pieces in and more.

Sill only 2 min. as long as u don't stack things on top of things.

Common sense stuff that u will see for yourself.

Robert

travisjohnson81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#32 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:29 pm

You will love this unit. You can print a model in the morning, cure, and get in the oven same day, cast the next morning. Huge time saver

I had 10 pieces in there at one time the other day

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#33 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:05 pm

This thing is Amazing, in 4 hours I can print 40 rings and have them ready for casting. This really makes the B9Creator even more powerful as it takes the guess work out of curing the models.
Red Door Distributions
www.reddoordistributions.com
619-564-6698

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#34 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 pm

fcort wrote:This thing is Amazing, in 4 hours I can print 40 rings and have them ready for casting. This really makes the B9Creator even more powerful as it takes the guess work out of curing the models.

totally agree.. With the nail curing unit, I was leaving prints in there for 4 to 5 hours or longer just to be sure casts came out well. This will speed things up a lot.

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#35 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 pm

perpetual_dreamer wrote:
fcort wrote:This thing is Amazing, in 4 hours I can print 40 rings and have them ready for casting. This really makes the B9Creator even more powerful as it takes the guess work out of curing the models.

totally agree.. With the nail curing unit, I was leaving prints in there for 4 to 5 hours or longer just to be sure casts came out well. This will speed things up a lot.

I have been using this unit for a while now and this is a perfect complement to b9c 1.2. I know that people like to cure models different ways but this is now the staple for curing model. Gone are the days of " I think this will cure the models correctly "
Just buy the Model Curer and put your model in it for 2-5 mins and DONE. that is it. I love it. This has really helped me help my B9C customers and they all love it.
Enjoy!
Red Door Distributions
www.reddoordistributions.com
619-564-6698

kirk034
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#36 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi Guys,

Im curing the ring models with the unit for 2 minutes, after finishes and it dries i get this white coating around the object. I was wondering if anybody noticed this.

Im washing in ultrasonic with soap and water for about 5 minutes rinse with hot water then into the Curing box.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#37 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:38 pm

kirk034 wrote:Hi Guys,

Im curing the ring models with the unit for 2 minutes, after finishes and it dries i get this white coating around the object. I was wondering if anybody noticed this.

Im washing in ultrasonic with soap and water for about 5 minutes rinse with hot water then into the Curing box.

Which resin are you using?
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#38 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:16 pm

This is why I said stop using alcohol the reaction with the resin causes the white chalky surface. This does not affect casting, but may be unappealing to look at.

Robert Howle

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#39 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:40 pm

I use a glass container to clean the Emerald print material with dawn soap and warm water in my ultrasonic.
I can do a bunch at one time...

However, if I continue to use the same water and soap a couple times, you will see a white material settling in the bottom. When you put the next piece in, it can get some white stuff stuck to the model...so, it is also important to throw out the soap and water and wash the dish before re-using it.

kirk034
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#40 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Im useing Emerald to print. I dont use alcohol to clean my prints only soap and water. Ive put the prints into ultrasonic for 5 minutes then rinse with hot water then into Curing.

Return to “Official News and Updates”